Part seventeen

The next day more packs came to our door, not sure what was going on. The three alphas we first recruited, aunt and uncle, and Dimitri and I explained the situation. The same problem occurred. They didn’t believe a word we were saying so there were demonstrations. One after the other did packs join us, and eventually we were beyond a hundred of us, and this was not including women and children. There were ten alphas in total that had agreed to fight with us, we were also turned by a few who didn’t want to risk their lives for a war we may not win. Kyra and Paul had called the alphas and their seconds to the field where the boulder rested. I joined as well, sitting on the rock with the two of them. Everyone here knew I was their niece and did not question where I sat.

“Now we have to prepare our packs before we consider going out in to a battle that could be dangerous.” Paul started.

“What do you suggest we do?” Veran spoke. Paul raised his hand to silence them as he continued to explain our course of action.

“We are going to train our packs, find our best fighters and have them be in charge of smaller groups that you alphas will have little time to command.” Paul answered. They sat in silence as he continued once more.” We will have a spar with each of the members of our packs. That is how we are going to find our strongest fighters.”

“Every alpha is going to fight against their pack members?” Asked Dalia. Kyra answered her question.

“Yes, and that would be their test of strength. If they are able to keep you pinned down they will be worthy enough to take charge of a small group of one of our packs.” Kyra explained. Dalia nodded and crossed her leg.

“We will start tonight, the spars will be held in human form, in this field.” Paul said. Everyone stood up and crossed their hearts before leaving the field. I stood and walked over to Paul and Kyra.

“Will I be able to participate, I know that women and children will not be allowed to fight.” I said and they looked at me.

“It’s not up to us to decide. You and Dimitri need to work out this, but you are definitely strong enough to fight alongside us.” Paul said and I sighed. It was going to be a difficult battle trying to get Dimitri to allow me in the fight. I jumped off the rock and headed towards Dimitri to get this over with.

“Dimitri, we need to talk.” I said.

“I already know what you’re going to ask. No you are not going to fight.” He answered. I stared at him shocked. Of course he knew I would ask this, but it’s even more frustrating that I couldn’t say it before he declined.

“This isn’t fair Dimitri, I want to be part of this. I’m not as weak as you think I am.” I said flustered. He looked at me and furrowed his brow.

“Alright, if you can pin me down tonight, I will consider it.” He answered. I smiled and jumped him. I kissed his lips and he gladly kissed me back.

“Thank you.” I said as I pulled away from his lips. He sighed. I knew he didn’t want me to fight, but I want to be part of what could possibly be a battle for freedom. He put me down and we walked back to our refuge. Walking inside, the room was packed, there wasnt much room left for any of us. I looked around the room looking Lucas. I hadn’t talked to him for two days. I looked around squeezing through people. When I finally found him he was sitting in the corner curled up into a ball. I made my way over to him and sat down next to him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him and he looked over to me. His gold eyes looked sad, and pouted.

“I dreamt of my parents.” He answered. I was shocked, he started to remember. I knew they were treating badly in that place, but it was so bad that he blocked everything that would happen to him. That meant even blocking memories he may have started to remember.