Part Twelve

Dimitri stared at them as if they were insane.

"What, you mean to tell me that you two are the god and goddess?" Dimitri said, finally returning to reality. They both nodded." And you expect me to believe that."

"Dimitri what else is there to believe? For them to do something as unbelievable as that, how can you deny that they aren't?" I said. He looked at me and his lips formed a tight line.

"Alright fine, if I say I believe you, will you explain everything?"

"Yes of course, we must." Kyra looked at paul," There are things we have to tell you." She finished. I looked at her, knowing it had to be something important. I looked at the ground and quickly looked back up.

"We need to leave, more may be coming." I said. They nodded and we shifted. We ran, the rest of the pack must have ran a distance; we still didnt reach them.

'Seera, do you honestly believe them?' I heard Dimitri say to me.

I looked at him for a quick second before looking ahead.

'Yes, I do.' I replied.

'Its impossible...' I cut him off.

'If it was impossible Dimitri explain to me what happened back there. I know you saw what I did, we definitely saw what Kyra and Paul did.' I said.' What other reason can there be.'

He was silent after that. He knew he couldnt explain what happen just a few moments ago. Hell, I couldnt either. I didnt even know I was capable of that. I looked at the two wolves that ran in front of me. If they are the ones of legend then what does that make me?

What kind of purpose did my parents have?

I just wanted answers, if I didnt lose my parents; then maybe I wouldve known.

'Seera,' A soft voice entered my mind, Kyra.'We should have told him sooner. It might not have been such a shock.'

'No its alright, he'll be fine. He just needs time to let it settle in.' I went silent,' Kyra, what did my parents... I mean what were my parents?'

'Guardians.'

Guardians, what were they guarding. As soon as I was about to ask they had stopped running. I looked ahead of them and saw the others resting. Two wolves were in an attack stance until they realized who we were. It was obvious who they were.

'Thank the moon goddess your safe.' I heard Alaric say. I almost laughed, as I turned to look at my aunt who gave me a slight wink. It was as if she heard him.

'You heard him?'

'I did. I am the one he thanked.'

I walked over to Alaric and cuddled under his neck in a hug. He place his heavy head on top of mine and whinned.

'You always make us worry.' I smiled inwardly and licked his cheek .

'Im happy you worry about me, it makes me feel loved.' He chuckled. Alaric reminded me so much of my dad, I only wish he was still here.

Soon after Alaric went to talk with Dimitri. I walked over to Kyra and sat next to her.

'When you say guardians, what do you mean?' I asked. She looked at me her eyes golden.

'I mean they protected us.' She answered.' Though your mother and father could have been in our places.'

'I dont understand.'

'They didnt want the responsibility of being the care takers of the moon and night.' She explained.

'Why is that?' I asked perplexed.

'I believe she was pregnant with you.' She stopped and looked up at the sky. I looked up and saw that the moon was once again in its waning form. Pregnant with me?

'She most probably feared that stress of being what I am would have made her lose you.' She continued still looking at the sky,' She was scared of a miscarrige.'

'Not too long after we became the.god and goddess, she had you.'

'So they thought that being guardians would be less stressfull. I hardly even see why you would need one, with the power you hold.'

'Exactly why they chose to be guardians. They didnt have to do much.' She said.

Once again it grew silent. I stared at the ground, unsure of what to say.

'So what does that make me?' I asked. She didnt answer, I looked at her and waited for an answer.

'Well nothing yet, you only inherited our power, but you have yet to choose what you desire to be.' She finally said.

'So I can either be a goddess or a guardian. But arent you the goddess?'

'Yes, but I can also give it up to someone else of my bloodline, if they are of age,' She looked at me,' And you are of age.'

'Then what of Paul, who would take his place?.' I asked.

On instinct I looked over to the four wolves that were gathered in a circle. One of them being Dimitri.

'The mate of the goddess, meaning Dimitri.' She said as I stared over to them' And vice versa, if Paul gave his power to a bloodline, their mate would have to take my power.'

'So thats the only exception?'

'Yes.'

'What if the other doesnt have a mate?' I asked turning to her.

'Well, I suppose a sort of force would bring them together.' She said,' Remember how I told you I didnt meet paul first.'

I nodded.

'Once Alec had died, I felt a pull towards paul. Its hard to explain. The one who was meant for you would have found you, most likely by the guidance of the night and or the moon.'

My mind started to spin, a slight headache forming in the back of my skull.

'I think this is to much for me to handle right. Though I want to know more, lets put a hold on it.' I said with a whine.

'Alright, get some rest. Tomorrow we need to make it to the next hideaway.' Kyra said as she nudged me towards the still four huddled wolves. I nodded and stalked my way over to the group.

Their heads lifted to the sound of my aproach. I could tell easily by their eyes who was who.

Dimitri with his golden liquid eyes, Gabe with his hazel ones, Alaric with his blue oceans; and Paul with crimson red, like the color of blood.

I stood next to Dimitri, waiting for them to finish whatever conversation they had started. Within five minutes they were finished and leaving to lay with their family or potential mate. Dimitri knocked his head with mine and I snipped at him.

'I have a headache, dont do that.' I said.

'Sorry, lay down.' He said as he as well laid. I settled down with my head on top of my paws close to his side.

'What were you four talking about?'

'The next place we are going, Maz and Mason are there waiting.' He said. Was that the reason why I didnt see them?

We laid there for a while before I decided to ask him something that was on my mind.

'What if you were to become the god....' He cut me off.

'No, I dont want to talk about that.' He said, his voice a bit irritable.

'You still dont believe them do you?' I asked.

He didnt answer me at first, but he did eventually,' I dont want to.'

'You dont have a choice.'