Part Sixteen

The next day we woke up to the sound of banging outside the shelter. I quickly went to Paul and Kyra to tell them but they were already awake and headed to the door. I followed behind them, Dimitri close to me upset that I wouldn’t listen to him. He wanted me to stay a fair distance just in case it wasn’t anything good. Paul opened the door and walked outside. What I saw was amazing. There a dozen of wolves outside the door waiting for them to come outside. The fur ranged in color form dark brown to red and tan and grey. I walked from behind Paul and gasped.

“It worked. So many already made it here.” I said. I thought it would take more time for our kind to gather. Three of the wolves, different color fur, shifted and walked over to us. I gasped when one of them was a woman.

“I don’t understand why all of us are here. Tell me what is going on?” The dark skinned man said. I stared at him, his voice deep and captivating.

“First invite all of your pack members inside, it is unsafe to be out here in the daylight.” Kyra said. They all turned and told them to shift and go inside. We stood there as they walked in with wary looks. Of course they didn’t know why they were here, they just had to be here because of the howl. Once they were inside he asked again.

“This is to be kept to yourselves, not even your Beta may know.” Paul began.

“What is it then?” The woman asked. I bit my lip waiting for their reactions when he told them. Paul grew quiet as well as Kyra, and they closed their eyes. The three alphas stood their silently waiting. When they opened their eyes again the three alphas grew tense.

“We are the guardians of the moon and night.” Kyra said. The woman clicked her tongue.

“As if we can believe that so easily. Why would they come to his godforsaken earth?” She said. I knew it was hard to believe at first. Im still getting used to it.

“They are what they say they are.” I said. “They wouldn’t lie at a moment like this.”

“Who are you to say, have you ever seen what they look like.” The other alpha said. He was a bronze colored man, with a husky voice. I clenched my teeth. Was it alright to say that they were my family?

“She has the right to say so because she is our niece.” Paul answered for me.

“Your niece, so if you are the guardians, does she also inherit your powers.” The woman said. Kyra nodded.

“Her powers are much different from ours, she can only use what is called telekinesis.” Kyra said. “Meaning she can move things with her mind.”

“I want proof, or I will leave in a moment.” The woman said. I gasped and looked frantically at Kyra and Paul. I couldn’t do it, I didn’t know how. Kyra walked over to me, and touched my cheek.

“It’ll be fine you don’t have to we will prove it.” Kyra looked back at the alphas.” Is it alright for me to show you instead?”

“I do not care who shows me, I just want proof.” The dark skinned man said. Kyra nodded and her eyes seemed to glow brighter. Then the three alphas were in the air. Their eyes grew wide from shock and they started to wiggle around in the air.