They guided you towards the person that you were meant to be with.

They shaped you.

They guided you.

They grew you.

"Looking at you like what?" Lauren smiled and looked down at her half eaten plate of food.

"You know what I'm talking about, Lauren Jauregui," Camila teased. "But if it's of any consolation, I look at you like that too but when you're not watching."

"You mean," Lauren took a sip of her drink and locked eyes with the girl before her. "When you think I'm not looking."

It had been months of the two going back and forth and trying to deny their feelings for one another. Besides Dinah's constant teasing, along with Maggie and their other friends, Camila knew that Lauren was shy and was afraid of rejection; a rejection that was never going to come from her. So she believed that was why Lauren didn't ask her out, so she decided to take the reins and stop denying something that was obviously there.

"Lauren..." Camila blushed. "I have something to tell you...and I know you might not believe me but everything I'm about to say is true."

"Wait, I want to say something first," Lauren said hurriedly and pulled a piece of paper out of her jacket pocket. "I wrote it down before I forgot." Camila giggled that cute laugh that always got Lauren's heart to quicken its beat. "I like you, and if that's not extremely obvious, I want you to hear it from me. I know you're way out of my league, and that you can have anyone that you want, but instead you're here on a date with me, and I couldn't be happier."

She reached across the table and took Camila's hand in hers.

"You probably deserve someone better, way better but I promise you, no one wants to wake up to your face more than I do. I promise you that no will treat you better than I do, better than I will."

Camila opened and shut her mouth continuously. She wanted to say something, anything but her words failed her. "If you keep looking at me like that, I might be compelled to believe you."

Lauren breathed a sigh of relief when Camila had finally said something.

"You should, it's the truth, and I would never lie to you."

"I like you too, Lauren. More than I've liked anyone. I haven't truly liked anyone to begin with, but the way I feel whenever I'm around you, or whenever you look at me, that tells me something."

I used to think that nothing gets better, and some of us are only destined for pain. But I was wrong, things do get better, and that's all I hold on to now.

The tiniest glimmer of hope.

The fact that there's always light at the ending of the tunnel, and no matter what anyone says, time is the biggest healer. One minute you're trying to recover from a breakup that you didn't think you were ever going to get over, then five months, a year later, you're out with friends and you're actually happy. You no longer feel that damned pain across your chest.

The thought of them doesn't cause you to want to crumple to the floor in agony.

They no longer matter like they used to.

All they are now is someone that you once loved.

Believe me.

And if things don't get better, just know that you would've gained the strength to overcome something similar in the future, if you were ever faced with it again.