Camila cleared her throat. "Hey, Lauren." She smiled at her.

"She knows my name," the green eyed girl said audibly instead of in her head as she thought.

The cheerleader laughed. "Of course I do, silly. We've had classes together since the beginning of the school year. It'll be kind of weird if I didn't know your name right?" She took a seat next to her and pulled out her notebook. It wasn't technically the truth because Camila hadn't actually noticed her, but when she first noticed her, Camila realised that Lauren was practically everywhere. "So um...how are you at Spanish?"

Lauren was sitting there in disbelief. The girl who she had been crushing on was talking to her. Breathing the same air as her. And here she was making a fool out of herself and not responding to her question.

Way to go, Lauren.

Have you ever had a huge crush on someone and whenever they're around you or speaking to you, you become a nervous wreck?

Well yes, that's how Lauren was.

"Lauren?"

The girl blinked. "Oh right. I um..I'm Venezuelan actually. Well, I mean, I technically wasn't born there but you know, my grandparents were. So I'm pretty good at it, because my parents ensured that I spoke the language. I think you're Cuban right?"

Camila shook her head 'no'. "I'm Argentinian actually. I was born and I grew up there. Then I moved to America when I was 5. Legally that is. Don't go reporting me, I'm not about to be thrown over the border."

When Camila giggled and Lauren heard that heavenly sound, she felt her heart practically leap out of her chest.

"You have a cute laugh," Lauren blushed when she realised what she had said, but it's not like it wasn't true. Why couldn't she control her own thoughts?

The cheerleader smiled shyly. "Thank you. I hate my laugh actually. It's pretty annoying. But before you say anything else," Camila laughed softly. "Let's try to figure out what we're doing on this project first, okay?"

***

The duo had spent a lot of time together working on this project together. Lauren assumed that after the project was over, Camila wasn't going to talk to her after that, but she was wrong. They had formed a friendship, and to say that Lauren's crush on Camila had only gotten stronger would be an understatement of the century.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Camila asked Lauren. She wasn't a shy person, but under the girl's gaze, she couldn't help it.

Trust me when I say that when everything is right, the things and people who you love will love you back without conviction.

Trust me when I say that the things you want will be yours at the right time.

I promise you that when these things happen, you will understand that all the things you ached for in the past that did not work out, all of the hearts that failed to appreciate the home that you made for them inside of your yourself, they were not the things that broke you, ruined you or made you less worthy.

But rather, you will see that they were the things that built you instead.

They led you towards the person that you were born to be.