Chapter 1

(Hey guys, authors note here. This my first time actually putting something i wrote on the internet. So I'm only putting up the first chapter. If this gets enough views, I will post the others I have up to about ch 4 written. I would really appreciate any sort of feedback. Also, Comments and suggestions as well as requests are always welcome.)

It was a gorgeous day at Beacon Academy. There were almost no clouds in the sky, the sun was looking down, but not glaring, and a light breeze was blowing, lowering the already low temperature. From the balcony Blake was standing on, she could clearly see the docks and could almost get a clear view of Forever Forest. Unfortunately, Blake was unable to enjoy any of this as her mind was preoccupied with memories of the past month. All of the abuse, all of the hate. "All because of these stupid cat ears." Blake mutters, as she reaches up and touches her cat ears hidden by the bow. As this happens, laughter is drifting up from the courtyard below. 

 Leaning over the railing, Blake see below her, a group of people messing around and having a good time. Gripping the railing tight enough to whiten her knuckles, Blake's ears flatten as she recognizes a few people from the crowd, mostly a few of her old friends as well as Adam. With Blakes eyes on Adam, fresh memories flow through her head, causing Blake to start tearing up, her body starting to shake.

Out of nowhere, hands wrap around her stomach and pull her backwards, away from the railing. Off balance, Blake falls backward into the stranger. Before anything else can happen, Blake realizes that the stranger behind her was warm. Really warm. And that the stranger had a very strong, very strange smell, one that Blake couldn't identify. "Hey, are you okay?" the stranger whispered behind me. Upon hearing this voice, Blake realized that she was sitting in the strangers lap. Almost immediately, Blake jumped to her feet, and spun around to face the stranger. What Blake saw next, she was sure she would never forget.

Behind her was a woman. Long, gorgeous yellow locks of hair framed an equally beautiful face, with lilac colored eyes. Before Blake could look at the rest of the woman, she coughed, snapping Blake back into reality. "Look, I don't know what you are going through, but it isn't worth killing yourself over." says the woman, looking at Blake with concern in her eyes, her hand reaching for Blake's shoulder. "Don't touch me!" spat Blake. "It's not as if you really care. All of you humans are the same." At this, the woman has a bewildered look on her face "All of you humans?" she wondered. Meanwhile, Blake was beginning to storm off. As Blake walked by, the woman made one last attempt, and got Blakes wrist in an iron grip. With her free hand, the woman grabbed Blakes chin, forcing her to lock eyes. "I'm new here and my names Yang. Yang Xiao Long. If you ever need help, don't be afraid to come find me." the woman said as she released Blake from the grips.

Yang watched Blake walk off, thinking I hope she takes my advice. Stay strong mysterious girl. Ahh crap. I forgot to get her name. Oh wells.