This was the start of a mutual understanding between the two. They both understood each other and knew that they would never be able to change the other. They were both different but similar at the same time. They knew how they felt about certain things and even though they didn't agree on everything. They knew that they would tolerate it.

Hours went by as the two reminisced over their fusion. Black smiling as Jasper went on and on about how perfect Carnelian was for combat. "Imagine it. We could hold three weapons at once. We could be unstoppable Black! Think about it you and I as Carnelian. No one could stand in our way." Jasper said her eyes glowing with a fiery passion that Black Diamond found himself enjoying.

"You know we can't just go around destroying things Jasper. The Crystal Gems would never get off Carnelian's case, and we both know that he can barely handle them as is." Black refuted. Jasper groaned knowing that he was right. If what she understood about fusion was right then Carnelian would be that way as long as the two of them were unsure of their fusion. However, on the brighter side that meant that over time it would get better. "Then we'll just have to get used to it." Jasper argued.

Black Diamond laughed at her enthusiasm. He had to admit he loved that his spark for battle was reignited when they fused. He would be lying if he said he didn't miss a decent fight. There was nothing like the adrenaline and thought or lake of thought that came with battle. It worried him just a little that they might get carried away in the heat of it all, but they could worry about that when they reached that bridge.

"I guess you're right." Black said holding his hand out to Jasper with a suggestive smirk on his face and a warm welcoming glint in his eyes. Jasper swiftly clasped their hands together. Her determined smile and eager eyes complementing his expression. Only for a split second the two questioned fusing again, but it paled against the ambitions both gems held for this fusion. Jasper twirled Black Diamond around before pulling him close, and in a bright flash of light they two began to fuse but it quickly faded. "Wait!" Black yelled. Jasper frowned in confusion. "I can't...I can't fight them. I'll come with you but I can't do it Jasper." Black looked away from the quartz solider silently waiting for her to become angry.

"Hmm I understand. I would have hoped you would join me, but you actually care for that group of misfits." Jasper said. She wasn't surprised. Black didn't help her when she searched Lapis this was no different. It was their agreement. Black smiled sheepishly grabbing the two quartz gems. "I know we just met but I was hoping that you would assist me and my friend." Black whispered to the bubble gems. There was only silence at first but eventually they glowed softly in what Black took as agreement.

Swiftly popping the bubble Jasper and Black watched as the two corrupted gems reformed. Jasper walked up to the blue beast climbing on top before holding her hand out for her Diamond to take. Black smile putting his hand in hers. Jasper swiftly pulled him up waiting for him to get comfortable before she told the two gem monsters where to go.

________time skip________

Steven's Pov

Today was amazing Connie and I spent the entire day with Amethyst. It was nice to finally take a break from all the things that were going on. "Come on!" I heard Amethyst yell above the water. Smiling I swam back to the surface to see Connie was still standing by the shore. "Come on!" Amethyst shouted trying to get Connie into the water. "I didn't bring a swimsuit." She argued.

"In the heat of battle, you're not going to have a swimsuit Connie!" Amethyst pointed out. "By Joe, I guess you're right." Connie laughed running into the water stopping right next to me. "I don't think I've ever had this much fun in one day." Connie smiled. I couldn't agree more. "We should spend more time with Amethyst. She's the best!" I said. Connie suddenly splashed water on me, "You're the best!" I smiled before doing the same, "Nuh-uh you're the best." We both laughed enjoying the moment until everything began to shake instantly whipping the smiles off our faces.

Black Diamondजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें