Chapter 5: A Knight and A Snake

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Maybe that's the meeting he's talking about." Levi sipped on his water.

"Wow. I thought he's that kind of man who's not interested in women." I muttered habang nakatingin sa mesa nina Exene. I heard the twins cracked a laugh.

"Men will always be interested in women, Lily. It's a matter of intensity. Exene's interest in women is not much. Luca's interest in women is perhaps what you call the most intense." Levi grinned. 

I narrowed my eyes at him. "And you?" 

He cleared his throat and looked the other way. "I and Exene belong to the same group." 

I shrugged and looked at the rest of the facilities in the restaurant. It really shouts extravagance. There are lots of people too. Hindi ko alam kung marami talaga silang costumer o ngayon lang dahil sa festival na gaganapin bukas. I guess I'll find out after tasting their food. 

"You too, Your Grace, is a fine-looking man. I am honored to have the Duke of Araenon having dinner with me." I heard the woman said. Exene's back was on us kaya hindi niya kami nakikita. So he's probably complimenting her. He can talk to women too, huh? I thought he would be kind to ignore women.

I leaned to Levi. "Is it alright if we are here? I mean, they are clearly flirting with each other. Is it alright for us to hear all of it?" 

"That makes it more interesting, isn't it?" Luca just grinned. Judging from the silence of my two companions, I know they are just listening to the conversation.

Dumating din and inorder namin and I indulged myself with the food. The first touch of the food into my mouth sent explosions of flavors. I have never tasted such good food before. There are lots in Sandovia but it is usually expensive. I savored the food and got lost in the moment that I did not notice Lucas and Levi stopped eating. I glanced at them and they are looking at my back. 

"What the hell are you three doing here?" Napaubo ako nang marinig ang boses na iyon. Levi immediately passed me the water. 

"Come on, En. It's not like we're not allowed to eat here. And besides, we did not know you'll be here with your.." Levi's eyes went to the woman beside Exene. "..acquaintance."

"Lily was inside the house all day and we figured it's nice to tour her around here so we decided to treat her to dinner to welcome her membership too." 

Napalunok ako ng laway. Why does it sound like they're making me an excuse? I wiped my mouth with my napkin. 

"It was nice of them to invite me out. We truly didn't know you'd be here." I muttered and gave the woman a small smile but she just stared at me. She doesn't like me. Point taken. I'm used to that.

I heard Exene sighed. "That's not what I meant. I mean I was surprised to see you three together." 

"You want to join, too, En?" Levi snickered and I heard Luca chuckled. I figured they must be really close to mock the Duke like that.

Exene ignored them and looked at me. "Be home early." Iyon lang ang sinabi niya bago sila lumabas ng restaurant. 

* * *

I was home before eight o'clock. It was not because the Duke said so. I just need to make my first medicine in the lab. I asked Levi and Luca if they have some of the plants and I needed and they said I can find them in the back part of the house near the wall. I know what they look like and I just needed to bring a flashlight because apparently, the back part they're talking about is a ten-minute walk from the house. Just how big is this manor?

Kung ano ang ikinagara sa harap, iyon naman ang ikinagubat sa likuran. Trees of various sizes were what greeted me at the back of the house. I am not really scared of dark places but the trees and the cold wind give an eerie ambiance. I've been to more dangerous forest. This is nothing.