Scream

Welcome back to Warped.

Sorry for the long wait, I lost all inspiration for this XD

Warning: this chapter is pretty dark, so yeah. Read at your own risk I guess.

Now, let's get to the real fun, shall we?

~'0'~

''When are you going to kill me?''

Nagai pauses, turns to look at him. One eyebrow raised, amusement swirling in his one visible eye. He takes a sip of his tea, swirling the liquid in his cup and watches it, as if it holds the answer to understanding the universe.

''Must you put it like that? And please, drink your tea. It would be a waste to throw away perfectly good nourishment.'' As if to demonstrate, he takes another sip of his own cup, long and slender fingers curling around the fine china.

A glare is his only answer.

Nagai sighs, condescendingly, like he would if he was dealing with a particularly slow and troublesome child. ''You are as eloquent and delightful as ever.''

Tenma's glare only hardens. ''This is literally the first time we're drinking tea together, 'as ever'. And you didn't answer my question. When are you going to kill me?''

''You know,'' Nagai's lips quirk upwards in a charming smile, ''most people would sound a little less... composed, would they happen to talk about their possible death.'' He reaches for the plate of biscuits, taking one and dipping it in his tea for a few seconds. ''Will you really not drink your tea?''

''I should throw it at you.''

Nagai tuts and shakes his head. ''Tenma, Tenma, violence is never the answer, you know this. Must you be so aggressive?'' His pleasant smile grows and he sets his cup down, resting his elbows on the table and supporting his head with his folded hands. ''Now, I'll say it again. Please, drink your tea.''

The brunet narrows his eyes and, not breaking eye-contact, raises his cup to his lips. He takes a sip, small, and swallows almost immediately.

''Very good, well done!'' Nagai smiles lightheartedly, tilts his head slightly to the side. ''That wasn't so hard, was it?''

Tenma places his cup down, his hands resting on the fine porcelain. ''You still,'' he reaches for a biscuit, taking one and bringing it to his lips, where it hovers a few inches away from his face, ''didn't answer my question.''

The other male shifts so only one hand is supporting his head, the other taking his cup again and lifting it into the air. ''I'd tell you, I really would,'' he pauses for a moment to take another sip of the hot liquid, not reacting to Tenma's narrowing eyes, ''but truly, I do not see why I should. After all, you won't be around long enough for it to matter in the long run.''

Grey eyes flash purple.

Nagai's expression tightens. ''I'd appreciate it if you didn't do that.''

Tenma stares at him for a few moments longer, his gaze still glowing an eerie purple, and then he scoffs and his eyes fade back to grey. ''You said I won't live long enough for it to matter,'' he states, drawing figures on his porcelain cup, ''so it wouldn't matter either if you did tell me, isn't that right?''

They lock gazes again, both unreadable, and for a long while only silence hangs between them.

Then Nagai chuckles.

''Well well, seems like you have learned something after all, good job,'' he compliments, leaning back in his seat. ''Do tell me about your time with your delightful friends.''