Chapter 7: The Mistress

Alec was away again, and Layla was holding things down at home. Everything was perfectly in place. My dinner with Tim had gone exceptionally well. He was all too eager to get me alone. His excitement was a little unsettling if I was being honest. I didn't want to make the mistake of killing someone whose first affair would be with me. I needed him to have made these transgressions in the past. Almost doing, was not in fact doing, especially when it came to infidelity.

We made it to the motel separately as one should, when having an 'affair.' He'd gone out to buy a bottle of champagne, so his absence allowed me to prepare for the kill. Alec would be gone for a couple of days. He and his partner were off to another field office for consultation, so I had plenty of time.

Layla, as always, was great at keeping secrets. Alec would never know a thing.

I waited, seated on the creaky bed bobbing up and down to hear the creakiness again. Well, someone had certainly broken this in. The room was nothing short of dingy. The walls needed a good scrub down with some holding red stains. Perhaps I wasn't the only one with nefarious intentions. Bugs had scampered away when we entered and were surely hiding until we left. It made my skin crawl to realize that if I had a black light, I'd be able to tell a sexual horror story on the walls and bed.

I stood again, wiping a hand on my bottom. Disgusting. The feeling was short lived yet reignited once more when Tim returned. He held up the bottle of champagne with a grin. In his other hand were two plastic champagne glasses that he certainly purchased at a discount store.

Certainly, couldn't stab him with that, it would hardly cause lethal damage. Although, broken plastic could be sharp...

He popped the top and poured out the champagne. It bubbled in the clouded plastic as he handed mine over. With Tim handling the alcohol, I wouldn't be able to drug his drink.

I sized him up. He was much bigger than me. The others were either older, like Dr. Karp, or just slightly larger than me, so the struggle wasn't much. Tim, however, was above 6 feet. Over the years his gut had filled out, but something about his stature screamed football player. Most likely in high school, he didn't quite look like the college ball prodigy.

He would have to be distracted in order for me to get to a vulnerable spot. There would be no way for me to disable him and drag him onto a chair. He could easily break free or resist me and send me flying.

Maybe it couldn't be done yet. I could fake an emergency, pretend the kids needed me home immediately. I couldn't possibly actually have an affair.

That would make me just as bad as them.

I had to do it now, but how?

I took a sip from my glass, letting the wheels of my mind work. He was large, I knew that. Damnit Alexandra. Tim sat on the edge of the bed and kicked off his shoes.

He was going to need more than just a glass for the alcohol to mess with his head. I threw the champagne back, well aware that I would be impairing my senses as well.

Tim chuckled as I stood to pour myself another glass. As I held the bottle in my hand, he drained his glass as well and gave me a little shake. I grinned, grabbing his empty glass and set them on the table. I gave him my back, slipping the GHB out from my bra. The tablet quickly began to fizzle, mixing with the naturally bubbly liquid that is champagne.

I took another sip from mine as I handed Tim his. He copied my dainty sipping, and then it hit me. He was keeping up with me, so if I got drunk, so would he. Smart.

Did he know who I was?

No, he couldn't possibly. If he was really worried about duping with me, he would have cancelled.