Realising His Feelings

Virgil turned his head to look at Roman.

The young Prince looked away, blushing deeply.

"Th-thanks..."

"I just did what anyone else would have done." he stated, looking back at Virgil.

"You did for me what anyone else would have done for a human. I'm a vampire, you could have easily just left me to die."

Roman smiled at him sadly.

"You may be a vampire, but you're one of the most humane people I've ever met."

Virgil blushed at the comment.

*Time Skip*

"Boys, can you come down here?!" Roman's mother called from downstairs.

Virgil weakly stood up and followed Roman. They walked into the kitchen where she was stood.

"Sit down..." she suggested.

Roman took a seat and Virgil reluctantly did the same. A plate was placed in front of each of them.

"Dig in!" she exclaimed, grabbing two more plates and putting them down on the table.

Roman's father walked in and sat down opposite his son, Roman's mother sat down opposite Virgil. They all began eating their meal, save for Virgil who just sat back and frowned slightly. Roman's dad was glaring at the young vampire from across the table.

"Are you alright?" Roman questioned softly.

Virgil nodded, the sad look on his face contradicting this.

Roman looked to his mother, who gasped softly in realisation. She got up and took the plate away from in front of Virgil.

"I'm so sorry, Virgil~" she started.

"~I didn't think... this isn't what you need. We need to find you something to drink."

Roman's father looked disgusted and it didn't go unnoticed by Virgil, who shook his head.

"You don't have to, I'll be alright."

Roman noticed that Virgil's hand was shaking, and he held it under the table, giving it a comforting squeeze.

"If you don't get some blood in you, your hunger will take over. You could hurt somebody..."

Virgil looked at Roman before turning back to her and nodding.

"I'll be back with something as soon as I can." she informed.

She put the plate in the sink and left the house. Virgil could feel the gaze of Roman's father on him.

Roman could see that Virgil was panicking and turned to his father.

"Knock it off!"

He got up and pulled Virgil upstairs, being careful not to hurt him.

"I'm sorry about my father."

Roman pulled him into a tight hug.

Virgil hadn't eaten in a while; the smell of Roman's blood and the beating of his heart was tempting. He quickly snapped out of his thoughts and moved away from Roman.

"Virgil... what's wrong?"

"I-I'm hungry. Y-your b-blood..."

Roman took a step towards Virgil.

"No! Stay away, I don't want to hurt you." Virgil said, putting his hand out in front of him, telling Roman to stay where he was.

"Okay, I'll stay right here... my mother will be back soon, alright?"

Virgil nodded, his hands were shaking and his skin was paler than usual. A few moments later, there was a knock on the door and Roman's mother entered with a mug of the red liquid that Virgil so desperately craved. She held it out to him but he stayed where he was, the fear of not being able to control himself setting in.

Roman took the mug and smiled at his mother before she left the room, leaving Virgil and him alone once again. He placed the cup down on the ground and backed away from it.

Virgil edged closer and picked up the mug. The young vampire put the mug to his lips and quickly drank from it. He gave it back to Roman and soon enough his shaking died down.

"Thanks for that, I know it's probably disgusting to you."

"No, it's just different... I'll get used to it."

Virgil smiled and looked out of the window, only to see that it was dark outside.

"You should get some rest."

Roman nodded and climbed into bed, breathing softly as he drifted off to sleep.

"Sleep well, Ro..." Virgil whispered.

*Time Skip*

Virgil was watching over Roman whilst he slept, as he usually did. It was around midnight and Roman's parents were coming to bed. Roman's father went straight to his room. His mother went into Roman's room to check up on the two of them. When she entered, she saw Virgil sitting on the edge of the bed, gently brushing Roman's hair out of his face. Virgil jumped when he heard her speak.

"He really likes you, Virgil..." she said softly.

Virgil nodded and smiled as he looked at the sleeping Prince.

"He's an amazing person. He could've killed me when we first met, but he didn't, he let me go. He's a great friend to me."

"Now, Virgil, you know I didn't mean it like that. He cares for you more than a friend should." she said, smiling softly.

Virgil blushed deeply.

"Has he told you any of this?"

She shook her head.

"But I know my son... what I don't know is how you're feeling. So, how are you feeling, Virgil?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"It doesn't really matter what I want. We're from two, completely different, worlds... it would never work out." he responded sadly.

"Trust me, he doesn't care what you are, he still loves you..."

A tear ran down Virgil's cheek and he smiled at Roman's mother.

"Thank you."

She smiled back at him.

"Goodnight, Virgil."

She then left, closing the door behind her. Virgil stayed where he was, sat on the edge of the bed beside Roman.

"I love you..." he whispered.