Chapter 29

Sammy's POV

Cindy and I hung around the lounge area waiting for our respective partners to be done settling the bills. I listened to her gush on and on about it; how surprised she was and how she never even saw it coming. Strangely enough- be it conceited of me to even think something so in a situation like this- I expected to be the first to get engaged out of the two of us. Therefore, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of pity for myself and jealousy towards my best friend and her newly engaged man.

"Aye Sammy!" I heard someone shout, grabbing on to my shoulders, shaking for dear life. Snapping back to reality, I saw Cindy's puppy eyes - occasionally stealing short glances to her new rock and loving ones to her new life partner- staring at me, "You okay, love?"

I smiled, "Yeah." I whispered, "I'm just so happy for you." I pulled her in for a hug quickly so she wouldn't notice my eyes welling up for an entirely different reason. She hugged me back and gushed her thanks to me. I was kind of happy that she was caught in this emotional moment so she wouldn't be able to detect the sadness in my voice, but sue me for feeling dejection.

"Hey beautiful." Josh winked at his beloved as he jogged over, pulling her in for a massive smack on the cheek as soon as he got close enough. Cindy blushed and wrapped her arm around his waist as he settled his on her shoulder. 

I was so caught up in staring at their little bubble of love that I didn't hear or notice when Dominique sneaked up behind me and wrapped his toned arms around my waist. "Babe?"

I shook my head and looked into his eyes, "Uhuh?"

"You okay?" He pulled away, quickly noticing something was wrong.

I frowned- more at the fact of how easy it was to tell that something was wrong with me, as opposed to his question- and looked down, mustering up a fake yet real enough smile while sucking in my tears. "I'm okay." I said, turning towards him and giving him a big hug. "I love you."

"I love you." He murmured after giving a short contented sigh of relief.

"Hey guys, do you want to go over to a cafe to get some coffee and finish our desserts?" Cindy asked us, breaking her gaze from Josh and looking towards me and Dominique. I pulled away from Dom, entangled his hand in mine, smiled and nodded.

"Okay, your packaged desserts are all here." Quincy, our waited from earlier, approached us with two brown bags. He told us which desserts were in what bag before handing it off. "Thank you for coming to Le Petite Fromage. Hope to see you soon." He smiled genuinely, crinkled eyes and all.

"Thank you." Cindy said as she and Josh headed to the front doors. Dom and I repeated our thanks and followed them out. We chatted a bit, while we waited for the valets to bring around our cars.

"Babe..." Cindy grabbed Josh's arm and batted her eyelashes cutely, "I don't want to go home yet. I want to spend some more time with everyone."

Josh blushed and quickly looked away as he played with his jacket flopped over his arm. I stole a glance towards Cindy who sent me a short mischievous glance before going back to pouting at her beloved. I shook my head and smirked at Dom, who looked rather confused, knowing fully well that she knew she had him wrapped around her pinky already.

The valets approached with our cars when we had just about finished deciding where to go. Josh picked the place. A quaint cabin/cafe house in the posh forest-suburban sides- which apparently has the reputation of hosting celebrities and popular after parties. He gave us directions then went ahead to open the door for his sweetheart.

"I guess we're going to a cafe." Dom said, frowning a little and I smacked his arm lightly as he pulled open the passenger's door for me.

"Be nice."