Chapter 9

Helloooo... here is Leo :) ------------------>>

Sammy POV

"Babe! You here?" Cindy called as she barged in, "I brought breakfast stuff and some emergency desserts in case your date yesterday with Dominique and his parents went horribly!" She sing-songed, slamming the door shut and rushing into the kitchen with a few bags.

"Hey," I quickly turned to her and shot her a smile to acknowledge her presence, then returned to sweetening my cup of coffee. "Thanks, Cindy. Just put them on the island." I turned and went over to the cabinet to get another mug, already knowing the answer to the question that I was about to ask her, "Coffee?"

"You know it!" She huffed as she placed the last of the grocery bags on the island and made herself comfortable on one of the bar stools beneath it.

"Here." I handed her a mug of coffee with no sugar and a little bit of cream, then went over to sit opposite her. I took a sip of the coffee and begun rummaging through the bags, "Jeez. Cindy, did you rob a pastry shop?" I eyeballed her after opening another bag filled with pastries.

She chuckled and sipped her drink, "The French pastry shop was opened after my shift, and this time the line wasn't too long since it's still early in the morning. So I decided to get you some. I know you like them very much."

I smiled at the kind gesture, before what she said fully registered. I quickly turned to her and saw that she was still in her scrubs. She must've had another night shift. "Babe, do you wanna shower first before I tell you about my brunch/date fiasco?" I asked her, knowing that she must definitely want to shower.

She nodded, "I would love a nice cool shower right now, but after I finish the coffee."

I nodded at my caffeine-addicted friend, chuckling while getting all the pastries and other frozen items into the fridge so they won't melt. While doing so, I heard the shower turn on. So I began rewarming what needed to be and set up the coffee table so we could talk and eat, then maybe after watching a few shows on Netflix.

After a few more minutes and a second cup of coffee later, Cindy and I were sat each on a different sofa with our legs spread out and a plate of delicious pastries on our thighs. She was already staring at me with slight impatience so I decided to jump right into it.

"Brunch was interesting, alright." I nodded towards her as I picked up a pain de chocolat and bit into it.  "The trio made quite a pair." I continued, "I'll admit that the beginning portion of the meet-greet went relatively okay, taking into consideration of course the fact that things would initially be slightly awkward since this was the first date for Dominique and me; as well as a meet-greet introduction of myself to Dominique's parents- who, by the way, thanks to Dominique's statement at my work in his mom's presence- are under the belief that we've been dating for a few weeks already."

Cindy's gaze froze on me in shock, half of the mini peanut butter-filled croissant hanging from her mouth. I nodded at her unsaid words, knowing exactly how she was feeling, "And if that wasn't scandalous enough for you, here's what happened during the meal portion of the meet."

There was a general introduction of myself to Dominique and his parents. I told them generic details about my life and snippets about my mom's condition, trying not to delve too much into the part of my life that was most emotionally draining. I also informed them a little of my life at university and mentioned you here and there. 

With that followed the introduction of Dominique's parents, which by the way was when the shit began getting sucked into the fan.

I learned that Leo was 57 and he was an executive CEO for the local bank, he was Dominique's stepdad and Em's third husband. Dominique's real father died of cancer when he was 50. Dominique at that time was just coming out and was 19. He was Em's second husband.