"How're you feeling, Quin?"

'Terrible.'

"Good."

Lumina collapsed onto the bed alongside her two siblings as she stared up at the wall. Because of the panic from the past ten minutes, she didn't have time to let Pi's death sink in. But now that her adrenaline levels have decreased and she could think clearly, she finally took in all that happened. A slit throat, the panic in her eyes, everything.

Pi was dead.

As that thought sank in, so did a crushing sensation of regret and grief. She rolled over to her side and started to cry.

"Lumina? You okay?" Tetra, once they caught their breath, asked. 

'No...' She sobbed. 'It's just... Pi... She... She was right there... I could've saved her, but I just... watched her die... There was nothing I could do... I feel so useless, I just watched as my own sister died before my eyes... I could've... I could've saved her...'

Tetra just rolled over and pat her shoulder. Quin, sandwiched between the two, hugged her.

"There was nothing any of us could do." Tetra said. "It's not your fault. It's all that fucking pink bastard's fault."

'Yeah... but...'

"Listen, once we get out of here, and find Trist, the seven of us... six... six of us... will find and kick his ass."

'Tetra?'

"I won't forgive that fucking son of a bitch and neither will any of us. We won't show any mercy and we will make sure that he's crying and begging for us to kill him."

'...Tetra?'

"I miss Pi, we all do, but the most we can do now is avenge her death. She'll want that, I know-"

'Tetra.'

"What?"

Everyone went silent as they started to hear the sound of hurried, running footsteps faintly echo through the walls. The three of them all stared at each other before all colour drained from their faces once they realised who- or what- it could be.

"Oh sh- You two, in the cupboard, NOW." Lumina almost leapt out of bed as she pointed to a large wardrobe in the corner of the room with a shaking finger. Now she wished this room had a lock. Tetra hurriedly pushed a stumbling Quin into the closet, and Lumina squeezed in as well before closing the door. In the dark, cramped wardrobe, they were practically breathing into each other's mouths. Nobody spoke a word. The three of them all flinched in unison when they heard a nearby door on the floor open and slam shut.

The sound of consecutive doors opening and slamming shut caused Tetra, Lumina and Quin to all lock eyes and stare at each other, panic welling up in their eyes. The loud slamming of doors started to inch closer... and... closer...

Until the door of the room right next to them opened, and nobody even dared to even breathe.

Then the door to the room they were hiding in opened...

...

And closed...

Everyone let go of their breath as they spent a moment just processing what just happened.

Then Quin broke the silence with a harsh whisper. "You think it's safe to go out now- WHAT THE F-"

Tetra almost had a heart attack when the wardrobe door flew open and a dark, blood-stained talon reached into the darkness and pulled Quin out by his neck. Lumina was screaming while Quin was desperately trying to break free. Blixer's razor sharp claws dug themselves deep into his prey's soft neck, causing a few trickles of blood to drip down them. His legs thrashed around as he hopelessly tried to gasp for air. His assailant's sharp teeth almost glowed in the dark.