Chapter 12

Back to the present

Taehyung and the rest of the BTS boys planned to meet during dinner to catch up on each other, especially Taehyung. Their meeting place was at one of Seokjin’s restobar.

Taehyung just got off from work when Seokjin called to remind him about their get-together. He confirmed and dashed to the elevator. He was excited to see everyone. Even though he had constant communication with the guys while he was in Canada, he still missed them so much.

While driving to the restobar, Taehyung was amazed at how much Seoul has developed throughout the years. As he passed by some of the familiar places, he was recalling precious memories from the past. Then he passed by the theme park. He was both surprised and glad to see that it was still there where it used to.

He was with Roseanne the last time he was there. And until now, his memory from that day was still so vivid. Whenever he reminisced everything that happened that day, he always felt the warmth of that wonderful day. Although it didn’t end quite as well as he hoped it would, he still enjoyed every minute of it because he was with her.

Right before he left for Canada, he left Roseanne with a promise that he’ll be coming back for her. And he truly meant it when those words left his mouth. But after a few years of being away, he was starting to doubt himself. His feelings were not the problem. His feelings for her never faltered, even for a moment.

However, as time went by, he contemplated whether going back for her was the right thing to do. Apart from their separation of seven years without any form of communication, they weren’t able to talk out things between them before he left. And after finding out that Roseanne was currently in a relationship, he was losing his confidence all over again.

Rosie . . . will you ever be mine?

He reached his destination after a few minutes. He almost got lost but his GPS phone application helped him find the right way.

He was about to reach the top of the stairs when he heard men laughing noisily.

They never changed. Their voices only matured but they’re the same loud group from before.

When he reached the rooftop, he saw six men sitting around a big table full of food and drinks. They were still busy talking to each other that they did not notice him walking towards them. He was getting closer to them when Hoseok saw him. He immediately stood up and ran to him.

“Taehyungie!!” He called to him before hugging him tightly. “It’s good to have you back.”

While the rest of the guys also went to Taehyung and hugged him, Jimin only stayed standing in place. He and Taehyung were awkwardly looking at each other while waiting for the other to do the first move.

And without any more hesitation, Taehyung went to Jimin. They hugged each other for a few seconds. When they released each other, another awkward silence passed by before Hoseok intervened.

“This time, let’s do a group hug. The whole of BTS is finally together again. Wohoo!”

“Yeah, come on hyungs!” Jungkook added.

And they all shared a group hug that was filled with warmth and joy.

During dinner, they were catching up on each other’s lives. Taehyung learned that even though the rest of the guys were living in one country, they barely get to see each other. And even if they did, some of the guys can’t always join because their schedules were difficult to match due to their busy lives.

Jungkook is an accountant at a famous firm in Seoul. He’s been in a steady relationship with Lisa for five years already.

Jimin is starting to take over some of his parents’ businesses. He’s never had a serious relationship because he was too focused with work.