ii : juniper is hot

Start from the beginning

                 june sat on the bench, watching as stiles took a seat next to her. she gave him a small smile, getting over the fact that he didn't call her hot. like, who cares, right? besides, it was juniper adler, she doesn't care about that shit. does she? the whistle blew, june raising an eyebrow when scott covered his ears, flinching. that had never happened before. and then he flew back after taking a ball to the face. june let out a small laugh like the rest, stiles nudging her.

      another one was thrown towards him, scott catching it making june's eyes widen. he grinned, stiles letting out a laugh. "yeah!"

     another one was thrown and he caught it, one after another it happened again and again. june frowned when she saw jackson at the front of the line. "oh, god," she muttered, watching jackson glare at her best friend. jackson ran forward, shooting the ball at scott.

     ...

     ...

     june jumped up and cheered as the ball was caught, a grin spread on her pink, glossy lips. she turned to stiles ― who had also been cheering ― and hugged him tightly. her arms tightened around her neck, his hands making their way to her waist and holding her steady. she didn't even realize what she was doing until she had done it. she jumped away from him, stuttering slightly.

     "we never talk about this, ever," june stated to her best friend, the boy nodding.

     "agreed."

               "i don't know what it was," scott spoke, the three stepping through puddles. and jumping over rocks as they searched through the woods for scott's inhaler and the body. "it was like i had all the time in the world to catch the ball. and thats not the only weird thing. i can hear stuff i shouldn't be able to hear. smell things."

     "i think we can all smell things, scotty," juniper patted the boys shoulder. "you're not that special."

     "no, no, i can smell things like.." scott trailed off, but then pointed at stiles. "like the mint mojito gum in your pocket."

     stiles started feeling around his pockets. "i don't even have any mint mojito.." he pulled out a piece from his pocket, june's eyebrows raising. they continued walking. "so all this started with the bite."

     "what if its like an infection?" scott asked. "like my body's flooding with adrenaline before i go into shock or something?"

     "you know what?" stiles asked. "i actually think i've heard of this. its a specific kind of infection." june snorted, knowing what stiles was doing.

     "are you serious?" scott asked, stopping the walk.

     "yeah," stiles nodded. "yeah, i think its called lycanthropy."