We walked down a long hall and then kneel elegantly in front of empress dowager. Xin You was just a servant so, she couldn't talk in front of her presence unless she was commanded to. So I was the one speaking up.

"Chinqie greets mother dowager and wishes her good fortune and old age," I said in a clear youthful voice.

"My, you came so early to visit, aiya, this old lady is very happy. Come sit next to me," she said with a bright smile on her face. 

"Mother dowager, what nonsense are you speaking? You're as youthful as a new born baby. Look at how clear and nourished your skin is. It makes Chinqie feel jealous," I said in a spoil manner as I sat next to her. Although, the empress dowager was the mother of an eighteen year old boy she was only her late thirties. Not to mention that she was the most powerful woman in the country so, she had many resources to improve her appearance. Thanks to that she looked young and beautiful.

Thanks to my words her smile got bigger and brighter. She then proceeded to flick my forehead and said, "child... you're always caring towards Aiya but, you never wake up so early to visit me. What's on your mind?" She said insinuating that I was there because I wanted something, which was true. But, how dare she? I also came to wish her a good day, I even walked for so long just to see her.

"Mother dowager, Chinqie thinks about your well being even in her dreams. Of course, I came to see you," I said with a pout.

"So you don't want anything?" She asked with a strange expression.

"Well..." I said as she looked at me with an I knew it  face. So, I just gave up and told her my wish.

"Chinqie wishes to leave the royal palace for a week to visit Chinqie's mother. She looks strong on the outside but, she's actually a really sensible person. Chinqie wants to check on her and make sure she's not lonely since, Chinqie just left the household and Chinqie's father is not there to keep her company. Chinqie's worried about her taking care of the household by herself," I said with a sad tone to appeal to the empress dowager. Since, like my mother her husband left her (died) and her son was taken (given) away from her when he was just a boy.

 "Aiya understands your concerns. However, it's not good to leave the palace whenever you feel like it. Go visit your mother this once but make sure to come back as soon as possible," she said as her eyes saddened thinking about her son.

"Chinqie understands. Mother dowager, Chinqie has another wish. During Chinqie's trip to visit her mother, she wants to visit the port and see if she finds any interesting medical plants from foreign countries. If Chinqie finds any she would like to open up a garden and a small kitchen in her courtyard. So, that she can play around with them and keep practicing medicine," I said. Reminding her that my mother's a doctor and she taught me medical skills since I was little. It was normal for me to want to keep practicing, is in my blood.

"Aiya understands, during your absence Aiya will make sure to expand your courtyard and install a knew kitchen. I'll also have the royal botanist and royal architect come up with a plan for your new garden. So, that you can grow anything you want there," she said as she stroke her chin thinking about my request.

"Chinqie thanks mother dowager," I said by getting up and gently bowing.

"There's no need for that. Go prepare for your trip Aiya will take care of the rest," she said as she waved her hand at me. I bid her farewell and took my leave. Although, I didn't lie to her I also didn't tell her the whole truth.

In three years the Fl is going to become empress and at that time she will be the one controlling the harem. Which means, that she will control what I eat what I get and what I do. Creating a small kitchen in my courtyard is a way to defend myself since, I don't doubt for a second that women here are capable of poisoning.

Thanks to empress dowager my courtyard is currently full of trust worthy servants. However, I still need to test then and make sure they are on my side. After I come back from my mother's I'll make sure to kill any rats I find but, for now I'll just focus on my trip.

-----------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Sup you hot piece of meat!

My classes are starting this week so, I hope you enjoy the extra daily chapters. My updates will go back to being irregular. But, don't worry I'm not gonna abandon you like last time. I'll make sure to update at least twice a week.

Also if you're confused about the story dialogue, this is kind of the way people talk to each other formally during the time.

Chinqie: I. What wives of a members of the royal family refer to themselves as. Sang Yunxie, is a noble consort so she's technically married to the ML.

Aiya: This old lady. Most of the time only matriarchs from powerful families refer to themselves like this.

Zhen: I. Only emperor's use this term to refer to themselves.

PS: I got all of these from novels so, I don't know if it's correct. But, if it is at least you'll know how I'm using it.

Love,

   Lilac❤