"Voldemort...?" Caleb suggests.

Arthur nervously nods, "Black lost everything. But he remains a loyal servant to this day. In his mind, only you stand in the way of..." Once again, Mr. Schnapp hesitates.

"Voldemort...?" He repeats.

Arthur grimaces, "Caleb, I hate it when you say–"

Caleb rubs his neck, "I know, sorry. Noah hates it too."

"In Black's mind, only you stand in the way of... You-Know-Who returning to power. That's why he's broken... That's why he's broken out of Azkaban. To find you. And..." Mr. Schnapp hesitates yet again.

Caleb eyes him before helping him out, "Kill me?"

Arthur nervously nods again. "I want you to swear that, whatever you might hear, you won't go looking for Black."

"Mr. Schnapp, why would I go looking for someone who wants to kill me?"

Arthur agrees with him by clapping Caleb on the shoulder. "Just watch yourself, will you?"

"C'mon. We're in here." As they slip inside a compartment in the Hogwarts Express, they find a man in shabby robes, slumped against the window, asleep. He looks ill, exhausted. The trio eye him warily.

As they sit down, Noah whispers, "Who d'you reckon he is?"

"Professor R.J. Lupin." Millie responds.

Noah grimaces, "You know everything." He looks over at Caleb, "How is it she knows everything?"

Millie rolls her eyes at him, "It's on his case." She points to the top shelf. Stamped in peeling letters on a battered case is, "Professor R.J. Lupin."

Caleb rolls down the sleeves of his jacket, "Is he really asleep?"

Millie eyes her tense friend, "Seems to be. Why? What is it, Caleb?"

"Close the door." Millie and Noah exchange a curious glance, then Noah rises, slides the door shut.

Storm clouds, like dark ghosts, toss sheets of rain onto the scarlet engine as it heads north.

Noah and Millie stare at Caleb, faces stricken in the lantern light that now glows in the compartment. Crookshanks slumbers in his cage. "Let me get this straight. Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban to come after you?" Noah asks, after hearing his best mate's story.

"Yes."

Millie bites her nails, "But they'll catch Black, won't they? I mean... eventually?"

Noah stutters for a second and looks back up, "Sure.. Of course, no one's ever broken out of Azkaban before and he's a raving, murderous lunatic..."

Caleb chuckles, "Thanks Noah."

Just then, the compartment rattles, making the lanterns flicker. The train lurches, begins to slow. Millie slides down the seat, pinning Noah against the window. They exchange an awkward glance, then Millie carefully slides to the other end of the seat and glances at her watch, frowning. "Why're we stopping? We can't possibly be there yet..."

Caleb rises, slides open the door, peers into the corridor. All along the carriage, heads look out curiously. Then the train jerks, the compartment sways and the lamps running along the ceiling flicker and die. One by one. Until all is dark.

Noah furrows his brows, "What's going on?"

A thin wisp of steam escapes Noah's mouth. Caleb notices, "Dunno... Maybe we've broken down?"

Noah shuffles and accidentally kicks Millie, "Ouch! Noah, that was my foot!"

He ignores her and places his hand against the window and leans forward to see dark silhouette, he wipes a patch of condensation from the window. "There's something moving out there. I think... people are coming aboard."