Test

Light and Ryuk were resting from searching Near... They had searched for a long time and had gotten tired, after all... 

'Ryuk...' Light said. 'Yes, Light?' Ryuk replied. 'I want to test the Death Eraser...' Light said 'Bring it here...' 'Oh, you are giving me permission to even touch that eraser?' Ryuk asked 'I feel so special! Okay Light, I will bring it to you right now!' Ryuk's wings emerged out his back as he smiled. Light sat on top of a building of New York City and shook his legs for some time and looked at the cars and people passing by. 'Huh, now I am a literal God, I guess...' he said 'I can just write anyone's name and they will die. Now, I even have the eyes. And also, the wings. The wings don't even matter but I still have them... Who knows, they could be advantageous in another situation. At least these Shinigami Eyes and Wings are making it easier for me to search for Near. I may not remember his name, but I still remember his face!'

He heard some sounds of some wings flapping. Ryuk had returned. He turned around. 'Ah, you have returned.' Light said 'Quicker than I expected, good job, Ryuk. You did well serving the Shinigami King.' 'Oyy, don't take pride in being the King like the previous one!' Ryuk yelled 'Then the Shinigamis won't adore you as their King!' Light chuckled as Ryuk then handed over the eraser to him.

Light turned around. He started flying with his wings. Ryuk followed him. 'What are you gonna do, Light?' Ryuk asked. 'I have to test it.' Light said, looking cold-heartedly at the humans walking 'I have to write one of their names in the Death Note to test it. They will be brought back, anyways, after all!' 

'But Light, that's cruel!' Ryuk said 'You are going to make an innocent person experience the pain of death! You yourself know the pain, right?' Kira smiled. He took out his Shinigami Pen. 

'Light, I thought you only kill criminals and people who get in your way!' Ryuk yelled. 'If you try to stop me, you will get in my way.' Kira said. Ryuk was stunned. He just kept quiet since Kira, The Shinigami King, could kill him if he wanted.

Light wrote down the name of an innocent person with the help of the Note, the Pen and the Eyes... Forty seconds passed and that person fell to the ground! Light chuckled. 'Come on, erase his name now!' Ryuk yelled. 'Yeah yeah...' Light said as he took out the eraser and started erasing the name.

'Unlike the Death Note, the Death Eraser doesn't take 40 seconds.' Ryuk explained 'It only takes five.' 'Oh, I see...' Light replied. 

Everyone started to panic about the person's death but within five seconds that sound of panic changed into the sound of awe and surprise when that person got up and seemed completely fine. Light chuckled. 

'Was he faking it?' 

'Why did he do that? Just to scare us?'

Whispers like that could be heard from the crowd.

'What just happened?' the person thought 'My heart just... stopped... for some time! What happened?!' He got surprised and frightened at the same time.

'Useful!' Kira yelled 'Very useful!'

Ryuk just looked at Kira. 'So, you can even kill innocent humans just to test stuff out...' Ryuk thought 'That's a new low, Kira...'