Chapter Thirty-Six

The next morning after their normal routine, Fawwad went to the office leaving Walija behind. When she finished cleaning the kitchen, she went up to take her bath because she woke up late. And if she stayed to take her bath first before making breakfast, she would be late and she doesn't want that.

After taking her bath, she wore a long loose gown and walked back to the sitting room. She was just sitting watching TV when she got bored. Just then, she remembered Noor calling her the previous day about her visit on that day.

She picked her phone and dialed her number. After two rings, she picked.

"Assalamu alaiki" Walija said.

"Wa alaiki salam sis. What's up?" Noor answered back.

"Nothing much. I'm just home alone bored since my best friend didn't show up yet"

"Oh my Allah! I'm so so so sorry dear. Nihal dragged me to ice cream parlor. I'll just drop her home now and I'll be on my way"

"Since it's my baby, you're forgiven"

"Whatever, let me get going" and with that, the call was disconnected.

Thirty minutes after their phone call, the doorbell chimed. She knew it was Noor, so she quickly opened the door for her enveloping her into a bone crushing hug.

"Okay,...you're going to melt the ice cream" Noor said as she playfully pants for air.

"Ohh my Allah! Did you bring ice cream for me?" She squealed before she let her go "did I tell you I was craving for it?" She rhetorically asked.

"Okay, if you don't stop blabbing and let me in, this weather could melt the ice cream" Noor said while laughing at how her friend was reacting.

She knew it wasn't just for the ice cream or her visit. There was something else that made her extra joyful and lively. And she must find that out soon.

They walked into the parlor and Walija went to the kitchen where she placed the ice cream in the freezer before she poured chocolate chips in a bowl and placed it on a tray alongside with the ice cream.

They ate and chatted about random stuff. Some few minutes after they were done, Walija spoke.

"Okay, can you tell me the steaming gist you were talking about yesterday cause I'm tired of being patient enough for you to spill it out"

"I know you just have to ask" she laughed.

"Yes, I have to and I'm eager already"

"Oh my Allah!" She laughed and when she noticed Walija was serious when she said she was eager, she began "well, I came to tell you that ya Ibrahim have finally gotten a wife for himself" she simply said.

"And?"

"The formal introduction and all the necessary arrangements have been done"

"Masha Allah, I'm so happy for him. So, where did he got a wife?"

"She was his classmate. They had been dating for quite a long time but none of us knew of it. Can you imagine that?"

"What matters more is that they love each other"

"Yes, I know but you got to see the way she was behaving shamelessly with him in front of me and Nihal. She's such a spoilt brat...I don't like her" she pouted.

"Noor...gossiping is haram(prohibited) you know" she playfully chided. "And so what if she behave shamelessly with her fiance? She's going to marry him soon anyway. And that doesn't make her a spoilt brat" she laughed.