"Back. Off" Hiccup hissed through his teeth at the man as he dropped to the ground, groaning. He scowled at him and felt his whole body tremble with amount of anger he had.

"If you ever hurt her again, I will do more than just that punch" Hiccup threatened in a low voice and glared darkly at him, making the viking gulp loudly and nod.

Hiccup looked up at the rest of the viking on the floor that he knocked out from his rage earlier. Everyone was silent and stared back at the auburn haired man who eyed them all.

"No one hurts her. Ever" Hiccup stated loudly in the scared silence and glowered at all of them. His eyebrows were furrowed together and his mouth was curled into a angry scowl. But most terrifying was his eyes. His usually bright green eyes turned dark and deadly, causing fear to erupt in anyone who looked at them.

Hiccup looked back down at Astrid and his angry manor instantly faded to a worried one. He knelt down and brought her into his arms, hugging her tightly. She sighed in relief as she felt his arms around her and nuzzled into his chest.

"Are you okay?" He asked her softly and she nodded. Hiccup pressed a lingering kiss on the top of her head and looped his arms under her knees, carrying her over to Toothless.

Stormfly warbled in worry at her rider and Hiccup gave her a small smile and a nod. He mounted his dragon with Astrid in his arms and gestured for them to go.

The rest, who were already by their dragons, got on and flew off into the dark sky towards Berk. They exchanged looks at each other as they got out of the shock of Hiccup's outburst. 'Dam, Hiccup' They all thought, remembering his anger and the viking's fear.

With Stormfly following behind them, Astrid leaned the side of her head on Hiccup's shoulder and felt his arm wrap tighter around her.

"Thanks, babe" She whispered softly to him and closed her eyes. He smiled and leaned his head on hers.

"Anytime, m'lady" Hiccup replied, looking back at the sky in front of them. It was still the middle of the night and they would have plenty time to rest back home.

•••

"Hold that sign up a li'l higher!" Gobber shouted at Hiccup and he obliged, raising the piece of wood higher.

It was late morning after that night's raid. Hiccup hadn't seen Astrid since he woke up to go to breakfast. He left her a note to rest, but knowing Astrid she probably ignored it.

Then, from the corner of his eye, he spotted a blonde head with blue eyes talking to his mother. He smiled in recognition of her and hoped she wasn't hurting.

He admired her from afar, her blonde hair that reflected the sunlight, her blue eyes that sparkled like the ocean, her dazzling smile that could literally send him into a heart attack.

Astrid laughed and waived goodbye to Valka, looking around the plaza. Her eyes fluttered to the forge and saw a long ladder. She looked up and connected eyes with Hiccup, instantly breaking into a smile.

Hiccup felt his heart race as she smiled happily at him. Gods, even a look would make him lose focus and get distracted. Which is exactly what happened.

His grip started to loosen and he suddenly jumped at the loud thud from the sign which fell from his arms to the ground. He looked down and saw Gobber beside the wood with paint buckets beside him.

"Aww, come on, 'iccup!" He moaned as Hiccup chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his neck. He heard Astrid laugh and looked back at her, rolling his eyes.

"General!" Gobber called out, looking at Astrid who immediately stiffened and walked closer. Now it was Hiccup's turn to laugh, he brought a hand to his mouth to stop from chuckling.

"Yes, Gobber?" She asked timidly, smiling innocently at him. He chuckled and patted her back.

"You're distracting the chief here, Astrid! Do you see his love struck face?" Gobber told her and pointed to Hiccup's flushed and embarrassed face. She chuckled lightly and waived at Hiccup, before leaving.

Hiccup grinned back at her and sighed happily then climbed down the ladder to get the sign. He really wanted to spend time with Astrid now, so he thought of his plan while helping out Gobber.

•••

Hiccup looked around the cove and smiled at his creation. He had set up a picnic for him and Astrid to have lunch. All he needed was for her to get over here.

"SQUAWK! SQUAWK!" He heard Stormfly squawk and looked up to see Astrid landing with her. He grinned as he saw Toothless run over to play with the Nadder and Astrid smile at him.

"What is this, Hiccup?" Astrid asked him, gesturing and looking at what he set up in bewilderment then looked at him.

"This, m'lady" Hiccup replied, taking her hand and walking her over to the picnic.

"Is our lunch" He finished and sat down, grinning happily at her. She gaped, looking at the food he had prepared and the soft fur they were sitting on.

"Why? What is this for?" Astrid asked, giving him a small smile and then frowning in realization.

"Hold on. Did I forget something? Oh my Thor, is it our anniversary? But that's still in two months-" She rambled on, thinking of what the occasion was. Hiccup chuckled lightly and shook his head at her.

"Astrid." He said, catching her attention and stopping her from talking. She looked at him with confused eyes, urging me to talk.

"Do you really wanna know why?" Hiccup asked her and raised his eyebrow. She nodded and scooted closer to him.

"This whole day, in two incidents, I realized something. The first incident was last night, when that guy hurt you and I beat him up" He continued, feeling his blood just boil when he though about it. Astrid, sensing his tension, gently squeezed his hand.

"The next incident was a little earlier. Where I saw you and couldn't keep my eyes off you" He said, smiling at Astrid who giggled lightly.

"I realized that I am so crazy in love with you. That I would do anything to protect you and loved you with all my heart" Hiccup told her sincerely, his eyes looking lovingly at hers. Astrid smiled at him and felt her heart skip a beat at his words.

"This is because I am crazy in love with you, Astrid Hofferson." He finished and saw a happy tear fall from her face. They both smiled at each other, feeling so much love for them.

"I'm crazy in love with you too. And I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together" Astrid replied and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Hiccup grinned at her and leaned in, placing his hands on her waist and kissing her deeply. She smiled and kissed him back, showing how much she loved him.

Everything about her made him crazy in love, driving him to be insanely protective or very distracted. Oh, but he didn't mind.