one

It was nothing more than her eyes skiming through my lifeless face. it wasn't even a second long. It wasnt long enough to call it a glance. but it was everything.

she was beautiful. the beauty that i wanted to look like when i was a little girl. and i watch her from my front door across the street pick up boxes and move them into the house her parents had just bought. and when her eyes meet mine across the concrete it was different. something ive never felt before. i smile at her and she looks back at me and puts on a pretty little fake smile on her face. and butterflies fill my stomache and it wasnt even a real smile and it was the smallest of things.

just a smile. it was as small as saying thank you or asking someone if thet are okay or laughing at someones joke. but still it felt like a lot and it really wasnt at anything at all.

she turns and quickly to put the packed boxes into the house her long dark almost black hair falling onto her back. and i watch her walk into the house and place the boxes down neatly by the doorway. and i pull my eyes away from her not wanting her to catch me and i quickly go back into my house.

i quickly run up the stairs to my room not wanting my mom to talk to me. we hardly talk and im okay with it i barely even see her she us always out with her boyfriend she almost never comes home. it doesnt even bother me i rather be alone than with her.

i open my bedroom door and then quickly close it behind me.

i look out the window and she is still out there helping her parents. i think they came way too late to move in it's already sunset and they only got here an hour ago. i watch her as she bends down a little bit to pick up a heavy box. and her ass looks so good in those lightwash tight jeans. she pouts as she tries to get the box inside. she is so hot.

i stop myself and look away from her.

-

"Kim" my mom calls me and i already get pissed off just by the sound of her voice echoing in my ears.

"what!" i shout back at her not moving from my spot on my bed twirling my fingers on the stitching of my bed cover.

"come here." she orders me and i obey. walking down the creeking stairs and through the dull hallways and i go to her and she looks at me with her dark eyes.

"i want you to go and greet the neighbors" she tells me and i want to poke my eyes out with a fork. "be nice."

and i dont even reply i just walk outside not wanting to hear her fucking mouth.

the sky is a dark sapphire, pale airy clouds skiming the sky looking like thin pieces of cotton unrolling in the sky. and i cross the street and make my way to the door it was a pretty home with blue and magenta flowers growing around it. it wasnt too big or too small.

i knock on the door three times and i feel like i should've brought something to give them thats what all the fake bitch housewives in movies do.

"hello?" a lady with short brown hair anwsers the door. she seems pretty nice.

"uh ye-im kimberley i live across the street with my mom and i just wanted to like welcome you to the neighborhood." i say trying to be sociable. and she smiles as i talk.

"oh thank you darling.. how old are you?"

"16" i say without thinking.

"you're the same age as my daughter." and before i can say anything she calls out for her. "cheryl!"

and that beautiful girl comes into view her hair now put into a tight ponytail dark baby hairs falling out from sides of her face.

"yeah." she says

"this is kimberley she is our neighbor" and with that she leaves from the door and leave me with cheryl. i try not to stare at her. she looks at me. her eyes gleaming beams of the soft light from the streetlights. her puffy pink lips parted, her straight white teeth peaking out from them, her long black eyelashes curling, framing the opening of her eyelids.

"you know you dont have to do this." and i can already tell she isnt as friendly as her mom with her pouty lips.

"do what?" i ask wanting to just talk. but she makes it so awkward as she leans against the door and i stand outside.

"come and greet us. we can do just fine."

"i want to."

"no you dont"

"yes i do" i fight back

"nah." she scrunches up her nose and narrows her eyes. she is so cute fuck.

"true" i say rolling my eyes getting annoyed. and i swear she her pretty eyes went sad for a second. but then she laughs at me and smiles as she bites her lip. she looks so hot.

"what school do you go to?" she asks and i almost feel like she wants to know but i know she just wants to make conversation.

"why?" i ask her just wanting to annoy her.

"because-so.. i want to see you ag- i-arg because i want to know." and my heart flutters when she says "i want to see you" i get butterflies in my tummy when she talks my body goes crazy.

"well you'll have to find out" i tease her and i put my hand on her arm and wave bye to her. she pouts at me as she tilts her head. making a part of her hair look longer than the other. she makes a sad face when she closes the door and i know she is kidding.