ten

I haven't sat next to Kimberley in 8th period since the Monday after she got the oh so great invite to an extravagant date the the cheap ass fucking dirty 35 year old movie theater to watch some fake ass movie with her little boyfriend. I don't know why it pisses me off so much it just does!

The Monday after we went swimming it was a colder day and she was in this big sweater and she looked so cozy with her honey hair falling down her full chest that it made me wanna wrap her up in my arms and hug her. But I didn't. I had to keep my distance from her. I told myself that I had to.

But I kept watching her from the corner of my eye. Just looking at her. When she would erase her mistakes with the top of her yellow wooden pencil, the way she would rest her pretty head in her hands with her locks flowing around her face, and the cutest little face she had when she was focusing. Her tongue hung out of her mouth a tiny bit and her beautiful eyes would squint down onto her paper.

But when she would try talking to me, I would get away with saying as little as I could. And I think she could tell that I was pulling back but she didn't try hard enough and I didn't reach for her.

On Tuesday I sat at a different desk. The teacher didn't seem to care. I sat next to Zak, we had just met earlier that day but when he saw me we told me, "Why don't you sit next to me cutie?" He tried winking but failed. I laughed and sat next to him and he scooted his chair closer to mine.

"So, You come here often?" He reached his arm out till it was around the back of my chair and raised his eyebrows. I just giggled at him, making myself look stupid.

But he kept flirting with me and I can't say that I didn't stop him or that I didn't like it.

*^*^*

It's Friday, 2 weeks since I went swimming with Kim, I just got back from eating frozen yogurt with Eden and Zak and Alex. Jasmine couldn't make it for some dumb reason and somehow inviting Kim and Kyle never came up.

I pull myself out of the cheap old yellow van that Alex could barely save up for with his money working at small shop at the mall. I wave bye to everyone as I slam the heavy door shut, the sound of the run down engine running humming through nature. And as I go through my purse to look for my keys a loud honk comes from the van.

I turn over my shoulder and see Eden leaning over Alex with her hands on the wheel pushing on it, making it honk again as her straight hair falls down around her face. My eyebrows string together as I bring my finger to my lips, telling her to stop. She honks again and I don't know what the fuck is wrong with her. She's probably annoying the whole neighborhood. Alex is looking over to her with an annoyed look and Zak is trying to pull her back into her seat.

I laugh at the site and blow them a kiss as I open the door and wave goodbye.

I take off my tennis shoes when the door closes and all I want to do is go upstairs, take my bra off, get under the sheets and watch Disney movies.

As I walk up the stairs I hear my dad speak.

"Cheryl! What was all that noise outside?" My dad comes out of the living room and looks up at me from the bottom of the stair. The top of his balding head shinning and his eyes splashed with annoyance and concern.

"Ah just my friend being stupid." I walk to my room and he just nods and goes back to watching golf.

Just as I open my door to my cluttered bedroom and sit in the middle of my bed and pulling towards my bra, I feel my phone vibrate in the pocket of my washout jeans.

I sigh frustratingly. I pull the fucking phone out of my pocket and my phone screen is lit up by a picture of me and Kimberley in our bathing suits my arms hanging around her little waist and my lips barely touching her cheek. She's looking at the camera almost leaning into me with one arm wrapped around me with a smile on her plump lips. I click answer.