Chapter 11

Bian Liang City.

On the second floor of the guest room of Yue Lai Inn, a slender figure dressed in white, sat leaning against the window. Her elegant and delicate facial features were covered by a layer of ice and snow. In addition to her expressionless face, her body exuded an air of cold alienation, so daunting that it was impossible for anyone to approach her.

Looking at the endless stream of people on the street below, she was wondering why she had to hide in her bedchamber for her meals and also she had to wear a hat and veil all the time to avoid being recognized. Her indifferent eyes carried a streak of anger.

Dong Fang Tang, you are really capable!

Unexpectedly, he had such remarkable power and ability to put up 'wanted' portraits of her on every street and every door, whether small or big and it actually made her looked like an escaped criminal!

Even Long Feng Restaurant branches in all the towns throughout the country had also put up her portraits. She had also heard that while he was seeing his patients, a portrait of her would be hung up and he would ask everyone to help look for her.

All these were done publicly and openly. In secret, the people of Ming Yue Manor*, Tang Men* and Jing Wang Mansion* were also looking for her. And Dong Fang Tang even made trips every once a while to look for her in Le Mountain and Miao Jiang. Thus she was unable to return home even though she had a home and also she had to hide behind a veil whenever she ventured out.

(Ming Yue Manor - the first place Dong Fang Hai Yao hid to nurse back her health after her fall from the cliff.)

(Tang Men - a special martial arts family-clan famous for their excellent skills in martial arts, production of poisons and hidden weaponry, frequently mentioned in martial arts novels.)

(Jing Wang Mansion - the residence of Jing Wang and Jing Wang Fei, the couple skilled in martial arts ~~ Book 3 - Wang-Ye Captures His Wife.)

A year ago, he chose to save Liu Cai Lian first and she understood in her heart that Liu Cai Lian was indeed in a more dangerous situation than she was. But to understand was one thing and to her, it was unforgivable.

The man who had made a promise to stay with her until they grow old and their hair turned white had.......in the end, betrayed her!

At that moment when she fell, images of him asking her to trust him flashed across her mind.

He had said ~~ Three thousand weak waters, he will only take one scoop.

He had said ~~ In this life, he will never betray her.

She had believed in his words and therefore, opened up her heart to him. But in the end, she had to watch as he saved another woman first and let her slipped into the sea. In the sea, she was inundated by the icy cold water, life and death were only separated by a fine line and her chest tightened painfully, unable to breathe.

Fortunately for her, she escaped death and her heart that throbbed painfully for him had long calmed down.

She will no longer believe in him and now she even hates him.

In this lifetime, she never wants to see him again.

There was no trace of warmth in her cold expressionless eyes as she gazed at the endless stream of horses and carriages on the street.

Suddenly, there was a commotion at the far corner of the street and her cold eyes flashed. She picked up her hat and veil that was placed on the table and went out in a hurry.

"What do you want?"

Qiu Yu stood in front of her Mistress defensively and looked at the big man in front of her with caution. She and her Mistress were only here to buy something and did not expect to be cornered by four people. They had just arrived in Bian Liang City and did not have any grudges with others. What did these four people have against them?