2:

"I'm scared." Allen looked at me and I could
see his eyes watering.

"You don't have to do this. We can ignore it like we did last time." I held his cheek and tried to get him to look me in the eyes.

He stared into my eyes and even in such a stressful moment, it was comforting. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
"Okay. Let's do this."

My heart began to beat fast again and I stood with him. I gave him a reassuring nod and we crawled through his bedroom window.
Our plan wasn't that well thought out. How could it possibly work?
Oh god.
This plan wasn't thought out.

"Alli" I whispered and he hushed me. I bit my lip and just continued on.
The idea was already implanted in his head. We already were doing this.

We sneaked through the hallway. He gripped the knife in his hand. I was a bit scared to be honest.

To see my sweet Allen like this. How could my gentle Allen have the motives to... kill?
My eyes watered. He can't do this. He doesn't want to. I know he doesn't. I gripped his sleeve and looked up at him. He yanked his arm away and softly pushed me away.

"Be quiet, Lei" he whispered in my ear as he pushed. He slowly opened the door to his parents room. Although he wanted me to stay back, I slowly followed behind him. His stance was low to the ground and his eyes were sharp with determination.

I wanted to remind him again that he can just turn around and we can pretend this didn't happen, but I knew whatever I said wasn't going to change his mind.

I stood by the door finding the outline of their bodies in the dark room. The light snoring was the only thing that could be heard.
We didn't think this out at all. We were going to get caught—

My thoughts were interrupted with the sound of something disturbing. Everything froze and I heard the blood drip on the floor.
Allen stood there in shock, he had cut right into an artery. The blood spewed into his face as he stared down at his mother.

I couldn't let him watch that. I had to help him. I took all the courage and energy in my body to stand up and pull him out. His father woke up and began to panic. It was dark. He can not see us. We are okay. I grabbed Allen's hand and dragged him out. We had to hurry before he saw us.

Courage. I didn't think I'd have to use it like this.

We ran out of the house and into the dark woods close by. We ran until we couldn't run anymore and when you can't run, you hide. We went to a lake and I pulled him into the water.
"G-Got to get it off." I spoke with a shakey voice, but all he did was stare into nothing.
"A-Allen." Tears began to fall quickly.
"Allen, please!" I grabbed him by his shirt and shook him.

He stood there with a blank face. I sighed and continued to wash off the blood. His eyes glimmered in the moonlight, but they were still dull. His skin was pale and coated with red.

I pulled him out of the water and sat him down.
They're are going to find us.
Our plan wasn't thought out.

We are going to get caught. I sat there not sure how or what I was supposed to do. I put my head in my knees.

I couldn't help us. We were for sure a lost cause. I saw the flashing lights reflecting off the water. I looked behind us and the lights burned into my eyes.

I tried to mutter something, but I felt myself fall back and everything was dark.

I woke up to leaves in my hair and dirt between my fingers and covering my clothes. The sunlight burned my eyes. I slowly sat up and looked over and around.

Allen?

My eyes opened up more and I called his name, "Allen!"

He sat up quickly, "what?! Wait- where are we?"

I looked at him. His hair was dirty and dry blood was on the tip of his bangs. He looked at me with his bright tired eyes.

He stared at me and I knew everything that happened hit him at once because I saw his eyes drain of color. He looked back at the water and closed his eyes.

"What are we going to do?" He said hopeless.
what in the world was I going to say? I had nothing to say.

"I—... I killed somebody. But not just anyone. I killed my—..." I cut him off and hugged him from behind.

"It was a mistake." I closed my eyes and winced as I said it.

It was a mistake, but this was one you couldn't fix. I wanted to cry again, but I held it in. He turned around and looked at me.
"They haven't found us yet?"

I shook my head no and he stood us up.
"We have to leave this town— state— immediately!" His voice was panicked. Hearing him panic worried me more.
He grabbed my hand pulling me more in one direction.

I stumbled beside him trying to stand up right. My eyes fluttered as I gripped his shirt. I heard indistinctive muttering in my ear. The breath was hot.

"What do you know?" I heard and I blinked hard.

"We need to leave faster than this." I ran until I saw the highway on the other side of the woods. Allen followed behind me.
"Should we um, ask someone to drive us?" He asked and I punched his arm.

"Are you kidding me?! Our clothes are covered in blood!"
He rubbed the nape of his neck and sighed, "I-I guess your right."

We can't stay out in the open, but we also can't stay here. I sighed and frowned. Hopeless.
Allen was the one comforting me now. He held me and said it was going to be okay. But I felt uneasy. Like we weren't actually here.