Chapter 13 (Zayn's POV)

Zayn’s POV

I arrived the next day after Rae gave me the bad news about her aunt.

I walked up the steps to Rae’s house and to the front door with my hand placed inches from the door, ready to knock. I debated with myself trying to figure out if I should knock or not.

To delay time, I took out my phone and saw that it’s 6am. I decided to check the door knob to see if it was unlocked and sure enough, it is. I swung open the door slowly and shutting it quietly behind me as I walked into the clutter filled house.

Pizza boxes were lying around carelessly, and dishes were just tossed aside. As I walked into the kitchen, I saw open cereal boxes tipped over with cereal spilling over onto the counter.

I picked up my blue suitcase and went up the stairs, quietly, to one of the guest bed rooms. It was tidy and neat, just liked the way the boys and I had left it when we were last here.

I set my suitcase on the other twin bed across the room and pulled out a change of clothes.

I heard the creaking of a door opening down the hall and the light, pitter patter of two feet making their way down the hall. Rae appeared in the door way with puffy, red eyes, a bright red nose, flushed cheeks, no make-up on her face, and matted, tangled hair. She looked down tentatively and pulled at the sleeves of her gray, oversized sweatshirt that went down to a little past her butt.

My heart broke at the sight of her having to see her like this. I walked towards her and engulfed her in a tight, comforting hug.

“It’s okay, love. I’m here for you,” I say sympathetically.

Rae responded with a sniffle and buried her head into my chest. I smoothed her hair comfortingly.

“Let’s go get you something to eat, okay?”

“Okay,” she quietly says and I pulled away from her. She grabbed at my hand tightly with her small hand as I led the way down to her kitchen.

“What would you like, hun?”

She furrowed her eyebrows, thinking. “Ramen noodles, please,” she whispered and I nodded my head in understanding.

Ten minutes later, we sat at the dinner table with me eating and her picking at her food. “How was the flight,” she said as she looked down, playing with her noodles.

“It was good but long. I didn’t get much sleep, due to it being an overnight flight and all. I missed you though.”

I saw a slight blush start to form on her cheeks.

“I missed you too, Zayn.”

She put her spoon down, not eating a single bite. I picked up her spoon.

“Open up, you need to eat, hun.”

“I’m not hungry,” she simply replied and bit her lip when her stomach rumbled.

“Come on,” I urged her.

She sighed but eventually opened her mouth. I dipped the spoon in the ramen noodles and she opened her small mouth as I put the noodles in.

****

“You know, you are a real slob,” I said chuckling.

She smiled a bit and looked down with her matted hair tucked behind her ears. “Sorry. . . .”

“You need a shower too,” I said jokingly.

“Hey,” she said offended and slapped my arm.

“Well you do!”

“Fine, but it’s not like I needed to anyways! There’s been no one over here since. . . .,” she trailed off quietly as a tear slid down her cheek.

“Hey, it’s okay.” I took her hand in mine, rubbing my thumb against the top of her hand slowly and comfortingly.

“Let’s go get you cleaned up?”

“Okay.”

I led her to the bathroom and started the bath- adding a lot of bubbles to the water.

“It’ll be around an hour before it’s filled, is that okay with you,” I asked her.

“It’s fine.”

****

I turned around to give Rae privacy as she stripped out of her dirty clothing and got into the bath tub.

“You can turn around now,” she said as I turned around. She was emerged in bubble neck- high. I grabbed the shower head, turning the water to hot and wet her hair as she applied some Shampoo to her wavy hair.

She started to massage her scalp as I spotted dashes on her wrist. “Rae, how did you get those cuts on your wrist?”

“I. . . um. . . got scratched by this wild cat a few days ago. It’s pretty bad.” She bit her lip nervously and I looked at her and decided to leave it alone.

I rinsed her hair and applied some conditioner to her hair and massaged it into her hair and scalp. She closed her eyes and rested against the tub.

I didn’t let my eyes trail down the bubbles out of modesty but I wanted to. I wanted to see her. I really like her and yet she will never know. She’s Louis’, not mine. Then why isn’t Louis here for her?

I shook my heads of my thoughts and rinsed her hair slowly with the shower head. She pulled up her hair with one hand and with the other, covering her chest as I soaped up her back.

A few minutes later, she was done and ready for bed. I grabbed a nearby, clean towel off the rack and closed my eyes as I held it out for her. I exited the bathroom and closed the door allowing her privacy.

Minutes later, she came out of the bathroom with the towel wrapped around her and her hair scrunched a bit. I layed down on her bed, watching her walk back to her walk in closet, where I couldn’t see her anymore. She was simply beautiful. It hurt to see how much pain she’s going through and the one she loves isn’t here for her.

Rae came out of the closet in a pair of pink girl boxer shorts and a black fitted tee-shirt and walked into the bathroom to put her towel up to dry.

I closed my eyes resting as I felt the bed sink in next to me. I opened my eyes to see Rae looking at me.

“Thanks,” she said with a faint blush.

“You’re welcome. You should get some sleep.”

“I will.”

I got off the bed and walked over to her side, tucking her in and kissing her forehead softly as her eyes closed.

“Good night, beautiful.”

“Good night, Zayn,” I heard her mumble as I walked out of the room- shutting the door behind me.

****

So, I really hope you guys liked this chapter! :) I thought it was really sweet :) and sad at the same time. I mean, her Aunt died and now her entire personality just changed! I mean, it's kind of heartbreaking! Poor Rae :(

So, who do you like best?

Do you ship Rae and Zayn? Rae and Louis? Or Rae and Harry?

COMMENTS APPRECIATED PLEASE!

VOTES PLEASE!

AND PEOPLE WHO LIKE THIS STORY, FAN!

I WANT SOME FEEDBACK!