Chapter 5

“Harry, stop following me!  It’s gets old after a week,” I say annoyed and lean against my bedroom wall.  Harry walks over and leans against the wall next to me.  He keeps staring straight with his arms crossed over his chest.

“I thought we had something. . .before you moved away. . . .”

“We never did.”  I could tell that my words stung as he flinched and moved away from me.  “I was stupid and didn’t know what love was.  You were always there for me when we got in a fight-“

“So, you decided to take advantage of me?”  He was starting to yell and his face was turning red.

“You know what, forget you!”

“Fine, I never want to see or talk to you again,” I screamed.

“I liked you but now, I hate you.”  He walked to the door and opened it up.  He didn’t look back before he slammed the door behind me and that’s when I realized that I lost a good friend.  A friend who was always there for me.  A friend who had liked and possibly loved me for who I was.  A friend who I just lost.  My heart seemed to have been ripped out of my chest and I collapsed on the floor.  Tears streamed out of my eyes and I wrapped my arms around my knees.  I already miss him.  You never know what you had until it was lost. . . .

****

I wipe my eyes and I can tell that they are puffy and red after crying for so long.  I look at the time, 12:30am.  I had fallen asleep for several hours.  Sighing, I get up off the floor and open my door quietly and creep down the stairs.  I see that the couch has been made but it’s not been disturbed.  I walk to the kitchen and turn on the kitchen lights and then walk to the fridge to pour myself a glass of milk.  Boosting myself up on the counter, I sip at my milk slowly. 

“Hey,” Zayn says walking into the kitchen rubbing his eyes and causing me to scream a little.  “You look bad, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” I whisper quietly.

He raises his eyebrows.  “Somehow, I don’t believe that.”

“Well, you should,” I snap.

He walks over to the counter and leans against it next to me.  “I’ll think what I want to think.  Have you seen Harry?  I haven’t seen him since eight.”

I bite my lip nervously.  “Um, no I haven’t seen him but it looks like he hasn’t been to sleep yet,” I say pointing to the couch.  He nods his head in the direction.

”Well, tell me when you want to talk,” he says and moves away to go back upstairs to bed.

I stay down on the counter and think.  Aunt Maria still hasn’t come back yet.  I send a text- when are you coming back???

She responds immediately.

I’m so so so sorry!  I will be back as soon as I can.  Maybe a few more weeks.  I hope everything is going well with you and the boys.  Remember, no parties ;) xoxo

I laugh reading her text because she knows I’m not the partying type and I never throw parties.

“Harry, I wish you were there for me when my parents die,” I whisper and tears slip down my face.  I miss my parents.  They were my everything and that’s why I came here.  Aunt Maria is my legal guardian so I was to come live with her.  I couldn’t tell the boys that and especially not Louis.  He loved them and they always thought of him as a son.  He would be crushed if I told me.  It’s my dirty little secret that I have to keep.

I jump down from the counter and go to find Aunt Maria’s “secret” alcohol stash.  Right now is a time I need it. 

I grab a bottle of vodka and I know it’s strong.  I walk out to the couch stretching out on it.  I grab one of Louis’ sweatshirts that he left down here and put it on over my shirt.  It was big on me but it smelt just like him.  I opened op the vodka and I could smell how strong it was.  I’m not a drinker but sometimes you just have to have it as an escape from reality.