Chapter 19

"Happy birthday," Ariana and Jayla come barging into my room.

"Get out," I mumble into my pillow trying to get back to sleep.

"No! It's your eighteenth birthday," Ariana exclaims excitedly.

"But I want to sleep!"

"Well too bad," Jayla comes over to my bed and rips the covers away, leaving me to shiver.

"What time is it anyways?!"

"Ten. You need to get up, Zayn is making breakfast for you! I mean, how romantic is that?! I swear, he's like in love with you," Ariana bounces up and down in excitement, bringing a smile to my face.

"I look bad though," I whine.

"Well that's what we are here for, duh," says Jayla while rolling her eyes. "Now get up, or I'm dragging you off your bed. You have five seconds." Immediately, I jump out of my bed knowing that Jayla would drag me. "Good, now get dressed into this," she hands me a cute pair of jeans and an off-the-shoulder pink sweater.

I quickly strip and put the clothes on. They dragged me to my make up table and Ariana started brushing my hair while Jayla was plucking my eyebrows. "You guys are really rough," I complain.

"Do you want to look pretty or not," Jayla raises her eyebrow at me and I nod my head. "Good, that's what I thought." She went back to plucking my eyebrows and doing my make up lightly.

"Done!" They turned me to face the mirror and a wide smile made it's way to my lips.

"Thanks guys! I look great!"

"Good! Now go down and get you some Zayn time! We will be back at four," Ariana said while exiting my room with Jayla trailing behind her.

"Remember, no glove no love," Jayla yelled back causing me to laugh. Classic Jayla. That girl is one of a kind. I shake my head at her as I walk into the kitchen while they leave.

"Zayn. . .what's with you wearing my pink apron," I say laughing.

"Oh. That. I didn't have an apron so I had to borrow it. You know you love it," he winks cheekily at me and lays a plate of bacon and pancakes with the number 18 written in chocolate chips. I go over and sit at the counter, eating a piece of bacon. "Happy birthday Rae." Zayn kisses my cheek softly and takes a seat next to me, grabbing a piece of bacon and sticking it in his mouth.

"So what are the plans for today and why are the girls and boys coming over at four?"

"Well, we could go to the park, just you and I but we would have a chance of being spotted by paparazzi or we could just chill out here. I can't tell you what we are doing because it's a surprise."

"Why not?!" I take a bite of my pancakes, "that's not very nice. You know I hate surprises!" Zayn smiles cheekily at me and sticks his tongue out at me playfully.

I poke Zayn in the side while I finish eating. Zayn takes my plate aways and places it in the dishwasher and walks back over to me. "I can't believe you're eighteen now, Rae." Zayn smiles and bends down, kissing me softly.

"I don't feel any different."

Zayn laughs, "you will." He wraps his arms around my waist and leans his forehead on mine.

"Hey babe?"

"Yes?"

"You're still wearing my apron," I laugh. I reach behind his back and untie the apron, throwing it onto the counter. Zayn unwraps his arms from around me and grabs my hand leading me to the living room couch.