Chapter 4

“Niall, get your a** out of bed if you want breakfast,” I yell upstairs.  Aunt Maria still hasn’t come home but I know she’s probably busy and she wouldn’t mind the boys being over here. 

“Coming,” Niall shouted back and I heard the stomping of his feet running down the stairs at the speed of lightning and then I heard him scream.

“Don’t run down too fast or you’ll slip,” I yell from the kitchen to Niall.

He walks in scratching his butt.  “Too late,” he groans and I laugh.

“Told you so.”

“Shut up,” he groans and Liam comes into the kitchen.

“Need any help,” Liam asks and I shake my head.

“No, everything’s good.”

“So, where’s your aunt,” Liam asks curiously and Niall is still scracting his butt pouting and I laugh. 

“She’s still busy I guess.”

“Oh, well I’ll make sure these goofballs don’t break anything.”

“D***,” someone shouts by the stairs and I could tell it was Louis.  “D*** stairs,” he screams and we all burst out laughing. 

“First me and now Louis, who next,” Niall exclaims and Liam shakes his head laughing.

“You have evil stairs Rae,” Louis says while sitting down on one of the stools at the kitchen breakfast bar. 

“Yeah, I know.  Just, next time don’t go running down them,” I shrug and gather six plates.  “Do you guys all like pancakes?”

“Yeah,” Liam, Niall and Louis shout.  I hold back a laugh and Zayn walks into the kitchen.

“Did I hear something about pancakes,” Zayn asks and smooths his hair.

“Yes you did,” Niall exclaims excitedly.

“Are you always this excited about food,” I ask and pile two big pancakes on each of their plates.  Niall’s practically drooling and I laugh.  “Where’s Harry?”

Zayn shrugs.  “Probably still sleeping,” Niall says with his mouth full and spewing pancake across the room.

“Mouth closed, Niall,” I warn and he shrinks back.

“Sorry,” he says with his cheeks tinged pink from embarrassment.

I walk out to the dining table and Louis sits down next to me.  “I missed you, a lot,” he admits.

“I’m sorry,” I reply guiltily.

“I loved you. . . .”

“I know and I’m sorry. . . .”  Suddenly I have no appetite and I push my plate away from me.

“It’s okay.  I’m just glad I got to see you again.  We were best friends and still are.”  He holds out his pinky.  “Best friends for life.”  I take my pinky in his and we squeeze firmly.  

“Best friends for life,” I repeat and a smile breaks out on his face.  His smile being contagious, I smile back.

We finish eating and I take everyone’s plates and put them in the dishwasher.  The dishes for which I was cooking with were already done.

“You’re welcome,” Liam says with a smile.

“Awe, thank you Liam!”  I walk up to him and hug him tightly and he wraps his arms around me tightly.

“So, we are all free today, what should we do,” Niall says practically bouncing out of the chair.

“Um, we could just hang out here and watch some movies.”

“Ooooh, sounds fun,” Louis says with a big smile. 

“Sounds good,” Zayn says.

“Great!  Well, what should we start with?”

“Titanic,” Harry says sleepily walking into the kitchen.  We laugh but I just scowl.  How could he just ignore me?! 

“Of course,” Zayn laughs.

Louis goes to the movie room and searches through the DVDs until he finds Titanic.  “Found it!”  He holds up the DVD and Harry’s face brightens.

Louis puts the movie into the DVD player and I turn on the huge TV.  Louis walks over and settles down next to me on the couch on my right side and Liam on my left.  Liam was like a big brother that I never had.  He was also very caring and protective.

****

“Never let go,” I quote the movie with tears in my eyes.

“Awe, Rae don’t cry,” Louis whispers and pulls me next to him.

“It’s just SO romantic!”

Niall laughs and Zayn shakes his head laughing.  “I know,” Louis whispers in my ear and takes his thumb to gently wipe the tears away.

“Awe, cute moment,” Niall says looking at Louis and I.  My cheeks burn and I look down in embarrassment.  “Young love!”

“Shut up,” Louis says embarrassed.  Niall and Zayn laugh.

****

“I think I’m going to go change into my swim suit, you guys want to go swim?”

“YES,” they all exclaim.

“Okay, I’ll be out there in ten.”

I run up to my room and they separate into their rooms.  I throw on my red polka-dot  string bikini and put my hair up into a messy bun.

I could hear that they were already out in the pool.  I open my door and collide into Harry.  My breath catches in my chest.  “Um. . . .”

“I’m sorry for how I’ve been acting,” Harry walks closer to me and I back up into my room.  He keeps walking closer.  I fall onto my bed.  “Why did you leave?”

“You know the reason,” I spat at him.

“Why can’t you tell Louis?!  You just lead him on to think that you love him but all along, I know that you’ve loved me,” he says with lust and fire dancing in his eyes.

“Because you’re an a** and Louis is kind, caring and loves me.  All you do is lust over me.”  He steps closer and pins my arms over my head.  I try to get out of his grip but I can’t move.  Harry moves to my neck and rests his lips against my neck.  My heart stops beating.  I have no idea what to do.

“Harry,” I stutter.

“I know you want me.”

“No I don’t.”

“Don’t lie to yourself.”  He kisses my neck softly and I gasp. 

“Harry stop!”

He doesn’t stop and he trails kisses down my shoulder and then up to my jaw.  I moan but I try to push him off.

“Stop, please,” I beg.  Tears burn in my eyes and Harry pulls back.

“Don’t deny it, you want me,” he says before walking out.  I lie on my bed breathless.  I love Louis, why can’t he understand that?!

I walk down to the pool a few minutes later and Louis jumps out of the pool, engulfing me in a hug.  Harry glares at me and Liam looks at Harry like he’s crazy.  Liam whispers something to Harry and Harry turns around angry.

“I missed you,” Louis says and kisses my temple.

“I missed you too.”

“I love you, lots and lots.”

“I know,” I say quietly and turn around and grab his face gently, kissing him on the lips passionately.  I can see Harry out of the corner of my eye and he looks furious. 

Like I said Harry, I love Louis and nothing, NOTHING is going to come between Louis and I. . .not even you, Harry.