Ch. 22 Butterflies

"What would you like us to do my Lord?" A random death eater asked. The tension coiled inside me the longer my father talked about Dumbledore.

"We are going to storm Hogwarts and kill him," my father said simply while Kyle gripped my hand discreetly in an effort to calm my anxiety and anger. I felt the tension inside my body fade as Kyle squeezed my hand gently while the meeting continued.

"Yes my Lord," The man bowed while they began to talk strategy which I ignored. Kyle's hand still held mine as I found myself subconsciously moving closer to Kyle.

"Mr. Matthews will be one of the few to go to Hogwarts," my father's voice said breaking me from my thoughts as I looked into my father's eyes.

"No," I said but Kyle dropped my hand bowing to my father with a grin.

"Thank you for trusting me with this," he said while I frowned at my father. I wanted to say no but knew I couldn't interfere with this or Kyle would get mad at me.

"Now that that is settled dismissed," my father said. The death eaters vanished while I turned to Kyle.

"Are you seriously going to do this?" I asked him as he nodded.

"Normally I wouldn't want this kind of task but after what he did to you I feel I need to do this," Kyle said simply.

"I," I paused struggling to tell Kyle what was going through my mind. "I am afraid of losing you."

"Why would you fear for me?" He asked me while I looked into his green eyes.

"I just do," I said unable to admit the new feelings I had for Kyle. I turned to walk away when Kyle grabbed my arm pulling me towards him. In one fluid motion Kyle's lips touched mine sending a wave of fire rushing through me as my heart pounded. His arms wrapped around my waist as I leaned into the kiss letting the electric feeling fill me. After a few seconds Kyle broke the kiss and we both just stared at each other in shock over what just happened.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have kissed you," he said but I didn't let him continue as I pressed my lips to his firmly. I pulled back with a smile while he stared at me.

"I think I like you," I told him as he grinned at me.

"I like you too Princess," he said instantly causing butterflies to flutter inside me. A blush spread across my cheeks as Kyle reached up touching my face gently. "I'll be back soon." Without waiting for a reply he apperated away leaving me alone in the room. I sighed walking up to my room when I heard a crack. I turned to find Kyle standing behind me.

"Back so soon?" I asked while Kyle nodded.

"Would you go out with me?" He asked as I smiled.

"You asked my father didn't you?" I said as he walked toward me taking my hand.

"Call me old fashioned but I wanted his blessing," he said as I pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you," I whispered in his ear before I slipped out of his arms. "I would love to go out with you."

"Let's go," he said offering me his arm. I held his arm while he apperated us to an unknown destination. Once we landed he walked straight into a wizards only restaurant in Paris. My breath caught at the stunning restaurant. Kyle held my chair out for me before we both sat down to order our food. I flipped through the menu before deciding on the tortellini. We ordered our food quickly before we began to converse.

"Why did you pick this location?" I asked him.

"Your father suggested it. He said this was the first place he took your mother on a date," he told me as I took another look around trying to picture my parents eating here.

"Well it's nice," I said as he laughed.

"That it is," he said to me. "So Natasha, tell me something about yourself."

"Vague question I see," I teased Kyle before thinking about what he might find interesting. "I was sorted into Gryffindor though I'm pretty sure I'm a Slytherin."

"Really? I had no idea you were a Gryffindor. From what your father told me my own family comes from a long line of Gryffindors though I was a Slytherin myself," he said as I nodded.

"Most of my life was complicated as I am sure you are aware. I don't even remember most of it. I remember somethings with my parents when I was little but I do have somethings I don't remember because of Dumbledore," I said after a moment. "Dumbledore likes to call me his child even when all I am is a pawn to him."

"That's why I refuse to back out of this mission," Kyle said firmly.

"I would never ask you to. I respect you too much to try and talk you out of the mission no matter how I feel about it," I said softly.

"You surprise me at every turn," Kyle said as I grinned.

"Glad I'm no boring," I said as he took my hand.

"I can't put my finger on a reason you like me but I understand why I like you. You have this lightness about you. You shine despite everything you have been through and I can't help but be drawn to it," Kyle said as happy tears glistened in my eyes.

"You have so many things I like about you including your kindness Kyle," I told him as he smiled at me. Our conversation stopped when the waiter placed the food in front of us. We both ate in a comfortable silence together just enjoying this moment together. Once we finished eating Kyle apperated us to the very top of the Eiffel tower. We looked out over the edge at the city of Paris. "The view is amazing."

"I hoped you would like the view," Kyle said as I faced him. Our lips touched sending the addictive fire ripping across my skin under Kyle's touch. I liked the feeling I got with Kyle and I couldn't wait for more.