Ch. 5 Skip to the end of fifth year

I stood in Umbridge's office while she made tea. She placed the cup before waiting for me to drink it before asking me questions. I knew she put truth serum in my drink but I had nothing to hide.

"Where is your father?" She asked as I frowned. He hadn't even reached out through letters to check on me after his quick exit.

"I don't know and I could care less. He doesn't deserve me," I snapped my eyes sparkling with rage.

"Would you help him if he asked?" She continued.

"Depends on what he was asking. I wouldn't help him break the law if that's what you are implying," I said simply.

"Thank you for your honesty. You may go miss Dumbledore," she said with a polite smile. I left the office only to run into Harry.

"Sirius is in trouble," Harry said as I froze. I should help but I didn't think running off without assistance was a good idea.

"Harry we have no help," I said firmly.

"Please Ash. He's my only family," Harry begged as I sighed.

"Fine but how will we get there?" I asked as he walked away expecting me to follow him. I rushed after him. [A/N: I know they trying floo first but not in my fanfic] We reach the field where his friends are waiting for us. He climbs on his firebolt motioning for me to climb onto the back of the broom. I took a shaky breath as I sat on his broom my arms wrapped tightly around his waist. I was terrified of heights but I didn't have another choice. We blasted into the sky flying to the Ministry of Magic. I stayed a few steps behind Harry as we ran through the building not slowing until we reached the room with white glowing spheres.

"Stay close," Harry whispered to us as we reached the isle he said Sirius was in. Instead of finding Sirius we found a ball with Harry's name on it. My lips parted as I spotted a second sphere labeled, Natasha Riddle. I could hear the ball whispering to me. I scooped the sphere us as the chilling voice spoke.

"Born of darkness and stripped of her identity. Stronger than the ones who came before she will decide the fate of the wizarding war. She knows not who she is but holds the world in her hand, the daughter of Tom Riddle and Bellatrix Lestrange," the voice trailed off as I put the prophecy into my pocket with an extension charm on it.

"Give me the prophecy," Lucius's voice breaks through the silence. We collectively whip around to face him with Harry in the front.

"Why did he need me to retrieve the prophecy?" Harry demanded as I gripped my wand tightly in my hand.

"Only those who are the recipients of the prophecy can retrieve it. Only you or the dark lord could touch the sphere," Lucius says as my mind drifts to the ball in my pocket. Only Natasha could touch the sphere... I winced as a sharp pain fills my mind. A familiar cackle catches my attention.

"Bellatrix Lestrange," Neville breathed as Bellatrix laughs at Neville.

"How's mom and Dad?" She taunted him. Tears pool in my eyes as I stare at the kind dark eyes from my dreams. She was my mother and I remembered her! Whatever spell Dumbledore casted on my memory had broken as a flood gate burst sending memories flowing through me.

"Give us the prophecy and you can be on your way," Lucius muttered.

"Never," Harry spat before screaming reducto. We scattered rushing in every direction. Instead of fighting or escaping I sat on the floor as tears raced down my face. I fought against the psychological pain I was currently feeling. My father, if I can even call him that, wasn't my father. He lied to me and suddenly everything made sense. The sorting hat, my father's lack of emotion, never being good enough. He hated me because I was a Riddle, I had dark magic coursing through my veins and not even he could change that. After taking a few minutes I hopped to my feet racing down the hall falling into the rocky archway room.

"Give it and I will explain it to you," Lucius said as I stood in the shadows unseen by everyone. I didn't pay attention to the conversation rather I stared at my mother. I didn't look like either of my parents, probably because of a glamour charm. I flashed back to the day I had one brown eye, the glamour must have been momentarily weakened by my body. White lights filled the room as order members rushed in fighting the death eaters. I stayed where I was wand ready to defend but never to fight.

"Avada Kadavera," My mother's voice rang out. The green light hit Sirius as Harry watched unable to do anything. I saw the rage on his face as he chased my mom. I wasted no time rushing after them. My mother collapsed while my father taunted Harry until Dumbledore arrived. My mother watched the battle for a moment until Dumbledore tried to hit her with a hex. I put up a shield instinctively as her eyes looked around. Once she saw me confusion swirled in her eyes as well as hope. She wanted me to be her daughter but she knew I went by Dumbledore. No one expected me to be hidden in plan sight.

"Where is my daughter?" My father bellowed while Dumbledore smirked wickedly.