Ch. 7 Lingering Fear

I slept easily that night a woke to the smell of breakfast. I put my clothes from yesterday on before running down the stairs and into the dining room where I found my parents. Cissy and Lucius must have gone to get Draco.

"Morning," my mother said as I sat at the table.

"Morning," I replied filling my plate with pancakes and bacon.

"Bella, ask your sister to take Natasha shopping for clothes," my father said as I nodded excitedly.

"Already planning on it but for now I'll transfigure her a dress for the meeting," my mom said as I frowned. I missed my Yule Ball dress. I loved that dress and it was perfect for a death eater meeting.

"Mom I have a dress at Hogwarts I loved. Is there anyway I can retrieve it?" I asked softly.

"I think we can arrange for Snape to get your things if that's what you want," my mother said looking to my father for conformation. He gave one nod before I squealed.

"Thanks," I cheered as my mother fire called Snape. He brought my stuff ten minutes later. "Thank you Professor."

"No problem princess," he said vanishing before I could ask him why he called me that. I rushed up to my room pulling my Yule dress out of the box I was keeping it in. I held the dress up before deciding to change into the gown. I turned next to my dark curls that I barley managed to calm into falling neatly in waves down my back. I heard a knock spinning to find my mother. When her eyes saw the gown her lips parted.

"The shop lady told me when I bought the dress it had been made for you. Even as a Dumbledore I didn't care and bought the dress anyway," I said with a small smile. "I love the dress more now because of that reason. Even though you didn't raise me I still turned out like you."

"You are so much more than me Nat," my mother said with pride. "Time to show you off." She paused before the door to the meeting room to look at me. "You will enter late, once the meeting begins to show you are above the other death eaters."

"I expect they will be cross until they find out who I am," I said simply as she nodded.

"Don't worry no one will hurt you with me and your father in the room," she said before vanishing in black smoke appearing in the meeting room. I stood patiently outside the room with my heart racing. I heard my father speaking before I used wandless magic to open the doors with a bang causing a few death eaters to jump. I gave a wicked smirk as I walked forward without hesitation or hint of fear.

"Sorry I'm late," I said smoothly while a few death eaters waited with anticipation for my mother or father to crucio me. I found there were no chairs left so I sat on the arm of my father's chair as people gasped in shock.

"Everyone my daughter Natasha," my father said a glimmer in his eyes as he talked about me. "You will address her with the same respect you show me. If not she will handle you in whatever way she sees fit."

"Yes sir," the death eaters said in unison. I leaned my head on my father's shoulder as he returned to business.

"Where are we with taking Hogwarts?" My father questioned as Draco stepped forward.

"I plan to use the vanishing cabinet my lord," Draco said as I flashed him a kind smile. I hadn't told him who I was yet and wasn't sure if his parents told him.

"I will assist you once we return to Hogwarts Dray," the nickname rolled of my tongue without hesitation as his eyes widened slightly. I saw a flash in his eyes like he saw something familiar with me but wasn't sure what.

"Excellent idea Natasha," my father said as Draco continued to stare at me trying to figure me out. I ignored the slight fear I felt thinking of Dumbledore and Hogwarts. I knew Draco would protect me if necessary but most likely my magic would be enough to keep me safe from Dumbledore. The meeting dragged on until finally everyone was dismissed. The only ones who remained were family. My father and mother left the room along with Lucius and Cissy. Once the room was empty apart from Draco and I, I hopped to my feet as Draco rushed toward me.

"Who are you?" He asked as I gave a light laugh.

"I used to be Ashley," I said softly as he threw his arms around me.

"I thought you died at the Ministry and I would've never forgiven myself. I thought a death eater got you," he said with fear swirling in his silver eyes.

"Dray I found out I wasn't a Dumbledore in the middle of a battle and everything made sense. This is why I always was drawn to you and the other death eaters. I'm a Riddle not a Dumbledore," I said firmly. Draco stared at me a moment more before his arms slipped around my waist again. "I love you Dray."

"And I love you Cuz," he said causing me to take a sharp breath. After a few minutes of hugging I heard a cough behind us causing us both to face the person.

"I see you and Draco are great friends. That's a relief," my mom said as a laugh escaped my lips.

"As I said before he is probably my only friend," I muttered as my mother nodded in understanding.

"Draco, I need to see Natasha for a minute," my mother said as she motioned for me to follow her from the room.

Bellatrix's Lost DaughterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara