Ch. 14 The Sweetest Gift and Mischief

I woke early the next morning to my father shaking me. I rubbed my eyes sleepily groaning about how early it was until I saw the concern in my father's eyes. I scrambled to my feet grabbing my wand.

"What's wrong?" I asked as he put his fingers to his lips. He took my arm apperating us out of the house. We landed in a dark dusty house that looked like it hadn't be inhabited in years. "Dad." I whispered as he faced me.

"The ministry was raiding the house. I couldn't leave you there to be found," he said simply as I gave him a small nod.

"Where are we?" I asked stepping over chunks of wood that looked like they had been blasted from the walls. He had a grim look on his face when we stepped into a room I recognized. "Is this..." I trailed off as my father looked at me with a smile.

"Welcome home Natasha," he said gesturing to Riddle Manor. I instantly took off to explore the house while my father watched me. I located what used to be my room quickly. I stepped into the nursery to see the room had been destroyed. I could picture my father entering my room after I was taken and blasting the furniture in a rage. I saw a picture on the floor with the glass cracked. I picked the photo up running my fingers across the front. The picture was my mother holding me with a grin on her face and my father stood beside her looking at me with the same soft smile on his lips.

"How much time passed after this picture before I was taken?" I asked looking over at my emotional dad. I walked towards him as he took the picture looking down at it.

"Three weeks after this picture was taken Dumbledore and his friends took you. It was the worst thing that ever happened to your mother and I. She said Azkaban was easier than losing you," he said as sadness filled my eyes.

"I promise he will pay for that," I said with fire in my eyes. My father gave me a smile wrapping his arm around my shoulder gently.

"I know you will. You get that from me," he said with a smirk. "Your uncle is calling for us to return home."

"Then I guess we should. Is there anything we should grab before leaving?" I asked as he held up the photo. I smiled as he apperated us back to Malfoy manor where Cissy ran and hugged me.

"It was just a basic raid this time. I think they are starting to realize they won't find anything dark in this house," Cissy said as my father nodded.

"Good I'm getting tired of having to drop everything at the drop of a hat," he said as I laughed at his irritation.

"What, do the raids interrupt your spa days?" I asked as he shot me a playful glare. "Maybe stop you from your luxurious meals that last for hours?"

"You find this funny now just wait until you are mid shower when the ministry shows up," my father said as I rolled my eyes.

"Your father likes to take his time with everything after all it took him four years to get Potter's blood," my mother said from the staircase. My father turned to give her the same look he gave me.

"Two on one. Hardly fair," he said as both my mother and I laughed.

"Oh is the big dark lord feeling ganged up on?" My mother teased as he shook his head apperating away.

"I guess I get my sense of humor from you mother as dad clearly can't take a joke," I said as she walked over to me.

"He gave dish it out baby," my mother laughed. "I have something for you." She said abruptly leading me into the living room. She waved her wand and a black wrapped box appeared in her hands. My lips parted as she handed the box to me. I ripped the paper off opening the box. My lips parted at the beautiful locket inside the box. I held the silver heart up looking at the emerald snake design on top of the heart.

"It's beautiful," I breathed before opening the locket. It was a picture of my family, I was an infant in my father's arms with my mother beside us. I handed the locket to her holding my hair out of the way signaling I wanted her to help me put the necklace on. She clipped the chain around my neck as I smiled softly at her. "Thank you mom," I said with happy tears pooling in my dark eyes. I threw my arms around her as she grinned back at me.

"I love you baby," she said to me.

"I love you too mommy," I whispered in her ear before slipping from her arms.

"You should go get changed. Your father is having a meeting in a few hours and I don't think he would appreciate you attending in your pajamas," she said causing my cheeks to burn. I had forgotten in all the commotion this morning that I hadn't gotten dressed.

"Thanks," I said before sprinting up to my room. I grabbed a black dress pulling the fabric over my body. I brushed my hair quickly before locating a pair of silver heels to match my locket I would never take off. I planned to ask my father to charm the locket later so it wouldn't ever come off my neck. I headed back downstairs the silk dress flowing across the floor behind me as I walked. The dress was slightly revealing but not enough that my parents would say anything. It had one slit up the left side and spaghetti straps holding the dress up. On top of the spaghetti straps was lace up to my collar bone. I looked a lot like my mother but I had my aunt's style. I smoothed out my dress taking a deep breath before I entered the meeting room.