He Talks To You - Ace

That was it

That was it. Ace had had enough. He had to see you, speak to you, he had left it long enough.

His thoughts were on you as he drove around town towards your house, his thoughts were always on you.

He had convinced himself that all he had to do was talk to you, have you come around with your friend again and everything would go back to normal. But deep down Ace knew there was more too it, he knew he needed you in his life, you were the only girl who had managed to drive him crazy but he was in denial about needing someone, about needing anyone.

He kept his eyes on the road and his mind blank as he got closer to your house. He didn't know what he was going to say yet but he was Ace Merrill, he could charm his way through anything.

He cursed underneath his breath as his stomach started to do flips. No one made him nervous and now he found himself feeling the foreign emotion as he neared closer to yours.

He found himself getting more nervous as he stopped outside yours and noticed you sitting on your porch steps. He took a quick glance in the rear view mirror and quickly masked his nervousness with his emotionless stare and cold eyes. He stepped out the car and closed the door before leaning against it, he knew you had noticed him but he played it off with his indifferent attitude.

He watched as you slowly blinked your eyes a few times as if him being here was all a hallucination. He never took his eyes off you as you stood up from your porch steps and walked towards him.

"What are you doing here" you asked coldly. He couldn't blame you, the last interaction yous had wasn't exactly pleasant and he knew his reaction to finding out your feelings had annoyed you greatly.

He shrugged his shoulders casually before pushing the tooth pick he had in his mouth to one side so he could answer you. "Need to talk to you" he said calmly your coldness not fazing him.

"Oh really" you asked cocking an eyebrow at you. The curiosity was expected as Ace Merrill never needed anyone for anything. Even the word left a weird feeling on his lips when he said it. He nodded stiffly not knowing how to start the conversation.

"And what is it you need exactly" you asked sarcastically. He rolled his eyes, now you were getting on his nerves.

"About last time" he replied shortly. Silence took over for a few minutes and he heard you sigh as he refused to budge, he wasn't giving in; he wasn't starting the conversation.

"What about last time" you sighed. You didn't want to talk about it and he knew that, heck he didn't want to talk about it but if he left it any longer he would drive himself properly insane.

The tooth pick was now getting pushed about his mouth again. Ace didn't want to talk, he wanted to just have a casual conversation and act like nothing happened. He didn't do feelings and talks, this was all alien to him.

"Look Ace just forget about it" he heard you say quietly. This made him laugh a little.

"Forget about it, if I could I wouldn't be here" he said a little harshly. A quick wave of guilt washed over him as he noticed you flinch at his tone but it was quickly gone as he pushed it away in denial that he actually felt anything towards you.

"And why are you here exactly huh" you said annoyed. He rolled his eyes at you as the conversation was going around in circles.

"Like I said, about last time" he said calmly shrugging his shoulders. He was annoyed too but he knew he couldn't lose it, he was here to make things right and to go back to normal; not to make them worse.

"What about last time Ace, the fact you made me feel humiliated as I made my feelings obvious to you and all you did was smirk as if I was another one of your easy girls that fawn over you and think your some sort of god" you said snarking.

Ace balled his hands into fists and he knew that his knuckles were white with how tight he was clenching them. He was trying really hard to keep his anger at bay.

"Look I just want it to go back to normal" he snapped slightly. He was getting tired of this and just wanted to sort it out so he could go back to being himself, being the Ace Merrill everyone knows.

"And what is normal to you Ace, tormenting innocent kids, fighting, drinking, having a different girl almost every night" you listed.

Enough was enough  Ace thought as he pushed himself off his car and towered over you glowering down at you.

Ace had never hit a woman and never would but no one messed with him, spoke back to him or tried to hurt him and so with a woman he would silence them with simply his words or towering over them, making them feel small.

A small smirk came across his face as he noticed you back down and he went back to leaning against his car.

"Billy keeps moaning Connie doesn't come around anymore so I want it back to normal so he can shut the hell up" he lied smoothly rolling his eyes to at the end to add to it.

Billy still saw Connie just not when the boys were all together. Ace however, would never admit he wanted anyone around and he had perfected the art of lying years ago so he used it to his advantage.

Silence took over for a couple of minutes but Ace never showed that it bothered it. It got to him that it he was waiting for someone to answer him, Ace never had to wait for anyone and here he was waiting for a girl he had only known a short time.

"Fine" he heard you say quietly. Happiness filled him as it hit him that everything was going to go back to normal.

"Good, I'll see you Sunday then" he said before turning to open his car door. Short and sweet, that way the conversation ended quicker; something Ace likes.

Can't" was all he heard. He froze and turned on his heels. The first thing he noticed was you had went very awkward. You couldn't look at him, you were shuffling your feet and were twiddling your fingers.

"It's always Sunday" he says. Ace didn't like change, everyone close to him knew this.

"I can't make it Sunday" you said quietly. He was confused now. He had only ever seen you around with Connie and as far as he knew all she did on Sunday was go to church.

He cocked an eyebrow at you, his way of asking why. Another thing he didn't do, he didn't like people thinking he needed to know anything about them. He didn't, but he was human as well so he did have a little bit of a nosy bone in him so somethings he wanted to know.

He didn't hear a thing you said as you had mumbled so quietly. He growled a little growing irritated as all he wanted to do now was go get drunk with the other Cobras.

He seen you flinch again but this time the wave of guilt didn't happen. He was too tired, drained and irritated; he was currently full and had no space for anything else.

"I have a date" you said a little more strongly.

This shocked Ace but he didn't let you see it did. There wasn't only shock bubbling around inside him but something else, something he hadn't felt before. Either way it all scared Ace the way he was feeling so he quickly nodded to you and said a quick "Saturday" before jumping into his car.

He took off so quick the car wasn't more than a blur to you and was heading straight for a bar.

Ace never needed anything but right now he needed two things.

A drink and to become the Ace Merrill everyone is afraid of again.