11 ~ You Realize You Have Feelings For - Teddy

It had been a month now since you had moved to Castle Rock and you had never felt this happy

You had an amazing group of friends and had even met Teddy's mom who loved you.

The best part of all to you though was your mom had created a friendship with her and seeing your mom happy was the best feeling in the world to you.

Today was just a usual day for you and Teddy. You were both currently sitting on your couch just talking about random things while both your moms chatted and laughed away in the kitchen.

"So ready to go" Teddy asked you. You nodded and stood up to go say bye to your mom. You were both gonna go hang in the treehouse, something you had done many many times but it never got boring for you.

"We're gonna go see the boys" you said as you entered the kitchen with Teddy at your side. A big smile spread across both woman's faces and to be honest it kinda scared you a little.

"Everything ok" you asked slowly raising an eyebrow at your mom.

"Everything's fine Y/N" she said winking at Teddy's mom. You kept your eyebrow raised and folded your arms waiting for your mother to tell you what was going on.

"We were just discussing when our two little ones would admit they like each other" she said giggling.

You could hear Teddy's cackling laugh and both woman's giggles but you didn't join in.

They made comments like this all the time and you would usually laugh it off like Teddy was or you would groan and roll your eyes but recently your feelings for Teddy had changed; luckily no one had noticed though.

"Well we're gonna leave now, I will be back for dinner" you rushed out before turning and walking out for house.

"Hey wait up" you heard Teddy call from behind you.

You stopped to let him catch up before you both fell in step with each other.

"You ok" you heard him ask. You turned your head and seen him staring at you. Your heart sped up but you wouldn't allow him to notice the affect he now had on you.

"Yeah I'm fine why" you asked raising your eyebrow.

"Well before you would groan or roll your eyes, this time you didn't do anything" he asked shrugging his shoulders.

You froze for a split second before continuing to walk towards the tree house.

Damn he noticed you thought.

"Just not feeling it today I suppose" you said shrugging your shoulders. You seen him nodding his head but you could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't convinced.

Luckily he never pushed it and let a comfortable silence fall over you both as you walked to your usual hangout.

~~~
You waited for Teddy to do the secret knock before the door opened and you seem three heads staring down at you both.

"Hey guys" you said a smile coming over your face. All three gave you a smile back as you climbed up behind Teddy.

You watched Teddy go take his usual seat across from Chris so you chose to sit beside Gordie.

"Hey Gordo" you said smiling at him.

"Hey Y/N/N" he said back with a smile. You gave him a gentle nudge before falling into a conversation with him.

Hours had past and before you knew it it was time for you to leave.

"Well I'm gonna have to leave you boys" you said standing up and stretching your arms.

"I'll walk you home" you heard Teddy say. You could hear the boys whistling as you both climbed down but this was another thing you were used too. It was also something you used to shrug off but now it made you feel funny.

It was silent for a good five minutes before Teddy broke it.

"Ok what's going on" you heard him ask. You looked at him and noticed he had stopped walking so you stopped as well.

"What do you mean Teddy" you asked folding your arms. The dirt on the ground suddenly became very interesting to you as you started to kick it.

"You're acting different" he said throwing his arms up in the air, a tell tale sign that he was annoyed.

"No I'm not" you argued back. It was a lie, a total lie. You usually just told the truth no matter how bad but for this you just couldn't bring yourself too.

"You're a terrible liar" he argued back. He also folded his arms and stood his ground, you knew he wasn't going to move until you told him. He was stubborn, a trait you and him shared.

"It doesn't matter Teddy now drop it" you grumbled looking back towards the dirt.

"Tell me" he said.

"No" you replied.

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes Y/N" he shouted.

"I LIKE YOU OK" you roared at him.

You watched his eyes widen and his arms drop to his side.

You sighed and shook your head before starting the journey again back towards your house.

You grumbled to yourself that you allowed those words to leave your mouth, you had just lost the only person who knew how you felt.

It took a couple of minutes before you heard small footsteps behind you. You turned around and came face to face with Teddy.

You let out a sigh of relief and your heart also fluttered that he stuck to his word and walked you home.

"Let's just forget about what I said ok Teddy" you whispered before walking into your house.

You closed the door behind you and sighed. You were relieved that you still had your best friend but it hurt that you had to ignore your feelings.