9 ~ You Realize You Have Feelings For - Chris

It had been a couple of months now since you had started at Castle Rock High and you loved it

It had been a couple of months now since you had started at Castle Rock High and you loved it. You had great friends, you were doing better in school and you felt like your life was just better overall since living here.

There was only one downside in your eyes and that was that you had developed feelings for one of your friends. Chris Chambers.

It wasn't necessarily a bad thing. You were more scared.

Scared at these new feelings, scared at how one boy could make you feel all these new things and that he was one of your friends; you didn't want to ruin your friendship with him. Or any of the other boys for that matter.

You had decided to keep quiet about your feelings apart from the conversation you had with your mom. She was ecstatic about it but understood how you felt. However, it was all getting too much for you and you felt you couldn't hold it in anymore.

The others including Chris had began noticing you acting different as well. You weren't as loud and cheery with them, you had went quiet and slightly awkward around them.

There were days where you completely ignored Chris as you felt like you were going to burst. He felt saddened at this and decided to talk to Gordie about it. Gordie being both of your closest friend chose to get to the bottom of this; he cared about you both and wanted to fix it. And that day was today.

You were chilling in your room when someone knocked.

"Come in" you said.

"Hey Y/N" Gordie said. You jumped as you thought it would be your mom.

"Oh hey Gordie, you here alone" you asked craning your neck to see if there was anyone else following him.

"Yeah I'm alone" he said closing your bedroom door and sitting on the bottom of your bed.

"So what's up" you asked.

"You" he said. 

"Me" you asked confused. Had you done something wrong?

"Yeah. Your acting weird and sometimes you openly ignore Chris. It's really getting to him. He feels like he's done something wrong" he said. Your heart hurt at his words and a couple of tears fell down your cheeks.

"What's wrong" he exclaimed. He didn't mean to make you cry.

"Chris hasn't done anything wrong" you said wiping your tears away. You couldn't believe you had made him feel so bad.

"Then what is it" he asked confused. A look of shock appeared on his face.

"Wait" he shouted standing up. He looked straight into your eyes and you nodded.

"I like Chris" you whispered.

"Since when" he said a bit quieter sitting down again.

"Since a month or so ago. I dunno one day I felt fine around him but I couldn't sleep that night and just kept thinking about him. I just thought it was because we were getting closer and I classed him as a best friend and not just a friend but then the more I started thinking about him my thoughts were more about his smile or how kind and helpful he was to me on my first day. My heart would start hammering in my chest and my palms would start to sweat. I realized it was more than just friendly feelings so I spoke to my mom. Since that day I couldn't help myself from acting weird but recently it's gotten too much and I feel every time I see him i'm just gonna explode and blurt it out and I can't do that" you ranted.