Teddy Becomes More Than Just Your Best Friend (personal one shot)

Hope you like it Squish98  :) sorry it took so long!

I hummed quietly to myself as I skipped my way to the treehouse

It was a warm day in Castle Rock today so my light brunette hip length hair was left down and I knew my light green eyes stood out as the sun hit them despite me wearing glasses.

Today was a normal day for me. Head to the tree house and hang out with my best friends until dinner. It may sound boring to some but to me this was what I looked forward too, just me and my boys.

Chris Chambers, Gordie Lachance, Teddy Duchamp and Vern Tessio were my boys. I loved them all but one was a 50/50 sort of thing.

Teddy got on my nerves and vice versa. Our personalities were very similar and so on some days we would agree and wage a war on any unsuspecting victims (usually Vern), other days however we would butt heads and the boys would be left listening to hours long teasing and tormenting between us.

All three were set on both me and Teddy having secret feelings for one another and just being in denial about it but me and Teddy always answered them in the same way.

Fake gagging and puking for a good ten minutes.

However, today felt different. So did yesterday in fact and a couple of days before that too. The last week of my life seemed to be different.

I found myself looking differently at Teddy. Things that once annoyed me (like his loud and obnoxious laugh) were now becoming my favourite things. The only logical reason I had came up with was I had fallen out of my bed and hurt my head really bad.

Although there was no lump or bruise to be found when I checked I convinced myself that I had just hurt my head really bad and continued on my journey to the treehouse.

Upon my arrival I realised I didn't have to do the secret knock as I looked up and jumped slightly at the sight of four heads and eight pairs of eyes looking down at me.

"What the hell are you doing" I snapped lightly as I made my way up into the treehouse.

All boys let out little chuckles as I made my way to my usual seat beside Gordie.

"Shut up" I grumbled at them. Sadly I knew I was the least threatening as my retainer made me have a slight lisp and Teddy has never let me live it down since I got it fitted two months ago.

The chorus of chuckles got a little louder and I let out a huff in frustration.

"Seriously shut up" I snapped. All of the boys laughter died down all except one.

You guessed it, Teddy Duchamp.

His obnoxiously loud laugh fuelled a fire in my stomach and I sat up in my seat slightly getting ready to release my wrath on the irritatingly loud boy.