"This is about master Tamaki, isn't it?" She clarifies my motive," I'm sorry, Kyoya but the master will be departing for France soon."

I gasp at the the words. I go still for a second in disbelief. She continues.

"I tried to talk him out of it but he said the Suoh family have forgiven his beloved mother and that he was finally going to get to see her again. He also said that if he stayed at Ouran any longer his capriciousness will only continue  to cause trouble for you and everyone else in the club."

"How can he be so stupid?" I mutter holding back my anger. "Evidently. Tamaki is planning to return to France."

"Huh?" Everyone gasps as I tell them the news.

"Tama-chan is leaving us?" Honey asks in disbelief.

"You're kidding me?! We just can't let it end so suddenly!" Hikaru comments in anger.

"Hikaru"Kaoru tries to calm him down.

"Excuse me, sir."

"Yes?"

"I was just thinking: If the masters mother is really as remarkable a woman as he claims she is, then I can only imagine how upset she would be in the manner in which the master has chosen to leave Ouran academy." She informs me.

"Do you know when he's leaving, Shima?"I ask her.

"I'm afraid his flight is this evening."

"Why is he leaving so soon?" I ask aghast.

"He would've left sooner but he said he had to wait until the Ouran fair was ending."

But as she says these words a car drives by with Eclair and Tamaki riding in the back seat.

"Tamaki!" I fall out. Everyone make their way to to window to see for themselves but Haruhi and Kaine.

"Tama-chan!" Honey also calls out.

"No way!" Kaoru adds.

"The ouran fair isn't even ove yet!" And Hikaru points out.

"My family's car should be in the parking lot! Kaine, Haruhi, let's go!" I call out to them as we make our way out the door.

That idiot.

After an orchestrated attempt to stall us, Mori sempai and Honey sempai making a path for us, sending Hikaru and Kaoru and Haruhi after our Idiot king, we head to the bridge where I calculate the car will pass.

Next thing I see is both Haruhi and Tamaki jumping off that very bridge and landing in the water. We meet them at the edge of the river. Hikaru, Kaoru and honey run towards them with joy.

"Tama-Chan! Haru-Chan!"

"Hey Boss!!"

"Oh man, he's such a moron." I say in relief as I adjust my glasses. I expected a response but nothing. I look over my shoulder to Kaine but no. Only Mori sempai. I look in every direction to see where she could possibly be. She was no where to be found. I turn to Mori sempai.

"Mori sempai, where's Kaine?" I attempt to tame my concern. He only stares at me with sadness glistening in his eyes. No.

"Kyoya?" Tamaki calla my name.

"Are you okay, Kyoya sempai?" Haruhi asks me.

"We need to go."  Is all I say before running back to my car. They quickly follow my lead.

"Where to sir?"

"The Kohima estaré as quickly as possible." I demand.

"Kyoya what's going on?" Hikaru and Kaoru ask me.

"It's Kaine."  Mori answers for me.

"Y'know I didn't see her when we were at the parking lot. Did she... Oh no." Haruhi had the realization that I had.

"What?" The twins and Tamaki ask desperately.

"She's leaving." I grit my teeth."She planned on leaving this whole time and used Tamaki as a cover up."

We arrive at her place and storm inside only to see nothing. No boxes or furniture. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"How could we let this happen?" Haruhi asks herself.

"This is my fault." Tamaki mumbles.

"It's not your fault Tamaki. She used you to trick all of us. All but.." I turn to face Mori".. Mori sempai."

"What??" the twins gasp.

"He knew." I accuse him.

"She made me promise. It's not like I could've stopped her." He simply admits.

"It doesn't matter now." I pass by him wanting to go home.

She's gone.

————————

Later that Night

I'm in my room. Everything is quiet and dark and everything is the same but a figure hovers over the edge of my bed before crawling into bed with me. The moonlight reflect on her and it's Kaine.

I try to get up she places her hand on my chest, gesturing me to lay back down. She lays next to me with her head placed under my chin, my arm around her, and I stare at my ceiling.

"Kaine?" I say her name to see if it's really her.

"Yes?" She responds.

"Is this real?" I ask in a haze. I can't tell if I'm dreaming or not. She grabs my hand only to play with my fingers.

"No." She pauses," I left Kyoya. How could I be here if I left you guys?"

"The how are we talking?"

"This is a dream. I'm your subconscious. You're answering your own questions trying to accept the fact that I left and that I won't come back." She tells me.

"Why'd you leave?"

"I'm your subconscious." She repeats," I don't know the answer to that."

"You left without saying goodbye." I mumble.

"Goodbye, Kyoya."

My alarm goes off. I sit up my bed with the company of nothing and no one. I get from my bed and go to my desk to do my usual work but as I open my laptop, there is a note on top of the keys.

This wasn't here last night.

I open it to see Kaine's hand writing.

So she was here. It wasn't a dream.

I take a moment before I read it.

"My dear Kyoya,
I know you're most likely upset with me and maybe even with Mori but I don't want you to. It's all on me and not him. He promised me not to say anything but he was against this too. I thought I should clarify before I explain myself.

Now, the reason why I left: I had no choice. Now that you and the rest of the host club know of my dilemma and the fact that your family still continues to try to dig up dirt against mine, with my dad retired and my mother now gone, i made the decision to take up the family business and I can't do it here. I know you'll keep my secret but I couldn't tell you my plan knowing you'd object and stop me.

If on these factors weren't an issue, I imagined a future for us. Hopefully, in the future, we could pick up where I rudely left us. I'd really like that.

This was... the most eventful year of my entire life. The mind games, the dates, the trips, the little things, the friends and the love I've experienced will always be cherished. I enjoyed it all. I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye. Tell the host club that I'll miss their antics.

I love you.

- 🖤 Kaine. "

May we meet again... Kaine.