•Chapter 1•

A/N: if you haven't already please go read the bio. 

*****

The grey bus rattles along the road, heading to the New York State Men's Prison.

All of the prisoners stare blankly ahead, their faces emotionless and cold. For some its a calculated move, but for other's the expression is natural, a side-effect of the life they lived. 

However, one is unlike his peers. 

The man sits slumped over, trying to muffle the sobs that shake his body. He can't keep his mind from replaying it. Over and over. It haunts him.

"I didnt mean it. I didnt...I loved him. I'd never hurt him." He mumbles over and over, desperate to make the voices go away.

"Hey." The man hears, drawing him from his trance. The voice is accompanied with a strong hand that grabs him by the shoulder.

"O-oui?" He replies, turning his head to face the man. He was broad shouldered and tough looking, with piercing eyes and a scorn on his face.

"Shut the fuck up. No one gives a damn that you killed that guy." The man says, before shoving the crying man away.

" I didnt kill him- I-I didnt-" he gasps out, the tears choking him and making it hard for his words to form.

"If you dont stop talking, I'll rip your throat out." The man next to him growls, grabbing Lafayettes identical collar with cuffed hands.

The smaller of the two nods quickly, unable to do anything else.

The man releases his grip, letting the other curl up in the corner of their seat.

*timeskip*

"Johnson." A guard calls, prompting one of the men to walk forward.

"Kenney." Another man walks up, is handed a pile of things, and buzz walks through the steel doors.

"Lafayette." Someone calls. The shell of a man saunters towards the voice at a apace that annoys the impatient guards. 

His gaze flickers up to meet the eyes of the guard who hands him a mesh bag loosely filled with the customary suppies. The guard shows no emotion, and only stares as Lafayette saunters ahead, walking through the set of steel doors and into his new life.

As soon as he set foot through the doors, he's greeted with another guard.

"Prisoner 77864. Cell 233A. Assigned to laundry duty, which he will report to everyday directly after breakfast. No further instructions. Dismissed." The guard says methodically.

Lafayette nods, walking past the guard so that the next prisoner can be instructed. Finally getting a chance to look at his surroundings, the man is overwhelmed by the huge-two level prison. The white paint seems to be chipping everywhere, and the metal and concrete structure makes everything seem cold and echoey(how tf do you spell this?)

He realizes he's been staring for far too long, and starts his walk towards cell 233A.

The new prisoner feels strange. Emotionless. Numb. This is his new life, no escaping it. For year and years, he'll just be prisoner 77864.

No children. No going to the movies, or driving around town. No more going to parties. No more staying up late with Muha-