Chapter 36:Living up to Summer Vacation (3)

The most important thing that they had to do within the next few days was to tour around the textile production line and exhibition area. During the entire tour, whenever Ru Ting said anything to Fang Yuke, Tan Yi would resemble a ghost. Then, he would unceasingly ask Fang Yuke questions like, "What should we look out for during the process of rinsing clothes?" These kinds of specific questions irritated Ru Ting to no end as she could not follow up with anything else.

The gossiper in me was very restless and, finally, could no longer be restrained. Finding a suitable timing, I called Tan Yi to one side, "Do you have any animosity with Ru Ting? Did she kill your father or steal your lover?"

Tan Yi maintained a relaxed expression, "There is neither animosity nor hated between us."

I hit his head, "Finish saying whatever you want to say. You've wet this aunt's appetite. Are you tired of living?"

Tan Yi could only truthfully account, " My family and brother Xiao Ke's family are long time family friends. Ever since I was young, I knew that Brother Xiao Ke does not like Ru Ting, but he needs to take care of Ru Ting because of family issues. Alas, Brother Xiao Ke is so pitiful......"

I shot him a glance, "How do you know that he doesn't like Ru Ting? They are childhood sweethearts and they spoil each other to death. They're so loving, always whispering sweet nothings to each other. By separating this couple you're tearing them apart like Cowherd and the Weaver, y'know?"

Tan Yi arrogantly said, " If Brother Xiao Ke really liked Ru Ting, they would have gotten together long ago. Why would they still not be together even now?"

Listening to Tan Yi's answer, even though I didn't know whether it was true or not, I was secretly delighted in my heart. If they were not together, did that mean that I had a little bit of hope? Sigh, when did I fall into such a despairing situation?

Tan Yi leaned over to say, "Do you like Brother Xiao Ke?"

I anxiously waved my hand, "What nonsense are you saying? I've told you before, your family's Brother Xiao Ke and I are very close that's all. We have nothing else going on......"

Then what did you have such a heated expression for? If you like him, I can help you. Overall, you're not bad either."

I smiled wantonly, "Really? I also feel that I'm not that bad."

Tan Yi immediately pretended to faint, "Actually, I was just speaking randomly."

Over the next few days, Tan Yi started to tease my by called me "Xiao Ke's Sister-in-law". Even though listening to this title of address made me feel satisfied, I still acted aloof. I told him to that calling me this was too low a standard. Furthermore, Ru Ting was still living, didn't he see that she had been angered till her nose had already been crooked? Luckily, at the last moment, Wen Tao received a phone call from Beijing. He had to conduct an interview with a celebrity and had to fly back to Beijing. If not, Wen Tao would also beat this joker up.

The following night, the group of us suddenly had a keen interest and wanted to go to the food stall at the Li guesthouse not far from here. Unfortunately, upon walking out of the guesthouse, we realised that in the middle of summer, it started to rain outside. There were not many umbrellas at the guesthouse so we paired up to share an umbrella. When it reached my turn, Senior Brother Yu said, "There aren't enough umbrellas. Xie Duan Xi, you and Zhou Lin Lin should take the umbrella and go first. The rest of them will follow me in a while and we'll take a taxi over."