Chapter 27 : Ru Ting's Birthday Party (5)

Out of all my 20 years, this was the first time that someone confessed his love to me. It was okay for the other party to be willful or to be insincere, but I was still a dainty and delicate girl whose face blushed for a moment. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a passerby with a curious and envious expression. It was almost as if my whole life had been satisfied. I contentedly said to him: "If you can call me by my full name, we don't need to talk about love. We can even go straight to marriage."

At this time, Wen Tao resumed his pestering state of a hoodlum: "A name is nothing more than a representation. If worst comes to worst, I'll begin to get acquainted with you right now. You may accept my special interview. First question: What is your hobby? I think you said you like to read in your forum post."

I could not allow this dear friend to continue on the path of mistakes for too long. Just because I was a manipulator, didn't mean that I would welcome their attitude. At the moment, Wen Tao seemed like he had come across some interesting prey in the bar, and prepared to pursue a one night stand. Despite the fact that I could not understand what my body, appearance, and tomboy disposition could have possibly enticed his passion, this could only mean that he really did have some potential of being gay. I avoided his question: "I am not learned at any of the four arts [1]. I even tire of laundry and cooking. Basically, I am a useless person."

Wen Tao laughed: "Whoever I fancy doesn't have to be accomplished at the four arts. I will take care of these."

Sure enough, he had drank too much wine. I decided to ferociously feed him a dose of some medicine: "I have C's in all my classes, and on my chest, there is a pair of A's [2]. You better think over it carefully." Speaking honestly, ever since I had slimmed down this year, they had grown from little clay buns to almost razing the ground, so much so that I even worried if they would begin to grow downwards.

Wen Tao produced a clear and bright laugh, as his chrysanthemum stud earring glistened in the light: " I still do mind a bit about this. Thus, you better think of a way to resolve the issue, otherwise I can only try to put up with it myself."

You assh*le, you're really cruel! I was racking my brains to think of a retort when Fang Yuke suddenly fiercely grabbed my hand and headed outside the living room, leaving behind a Ru Ting who appeared completely at a loss and Wen Tao, whose eyes flashed a trace of meaning.

There was a courtyard with a garden outside the living room. It was really cold as the Southern part of China was experiencing endless spring raina at this moment, while the Western part was extremely bleak, as if it had been completely encapsulated in ice. Julie said that the Spring season in the Western part of China was short and irregular and that it would always quickly disappear to be replaced with Summer.

It was on this freezing night that my hand was firmly held in the palm of Fang Yuke's warm hand.

I felt a little bit strange, "Fang Yuke, don't you think that the position we're in right now is a little ambiguous?"

Fang Yuke reprimanded me loudly, "Has your mind only just became excessively sensitive now? You didn't think that you were in an ambiguous situation just now?"

Fang Yuke was really raising a fuss over nothing. How could he not have seen that I was staunchly fighting for justice by refusing to answer all his questions? I had put in so much thought to refuse his enticements, yet he said that I was in an ambiguous situation. I threw off his hand, "Don't think that just because my mother told you to take care of me that you can control me. If my mother knew that a hot guy confessed to me today, she might even forget herself in happiness. Since we have such a good relationship, I still thought you wanted to congratulate me for finally casting off the status of being single."