1.1 | Back to the year 2019

Start bij het begin

"Yes. Now, could you stop talking so, I can do this?" Five scowled as a blue hue grew from his hands.

Vydia rolled her eyes at him, I was making sure, bozo.

A blue light surrounded the two elders as the air around them grew cold. The wind blew at their faces making Vydia's ponytail hit her face over and over. She spat out the hair in her mouth and wrapped it into a bun. Vydia held onto Five's arm, scared. The last time she went through one of Five's portals they ended up post doomsday.

A fire extinguisher was thrown in Vydia's direction. She ducked in time, avoiding the object, and shot up, "Hey, what the hell?"

Knowing she was okay, FIve looked at her, "It's time to go, Vee." They exchanged smiles and faced forward, taking a step. 

They released a scream as they passed through the portal. It was like thorns were picking at her skin, she wanted to stop and scratch every spot on her body. Vydia thought the burning sensation would never quit- 

Until it stopped.

It vanished in thin air like it was never there. Her body dropped to the floor with a thud and let out a groan. Vydia opened her eyes and instantaneously, she saw four sets of eyes on her. Vydia sat up pushing her feet back scooting away.

The first voice spoke, "Does anyone else see little number Five, or is it just me?"

"Little?" Vydia glanced at Five as he stood, her eyes grew wide. There stood a 16-year-old Five Hargreeves in his now grey baggy suit. His features were the same as the first time she had met him. Growing up in the apocalypse was hard, especially with the lack of nutrients, but his long hair did stick out.

Vydia quickly rose to look down at her body, she also wore a baggy suit. She patted the dirt off her 16-year-old body. Her long hair draped over her shoulder and she pushed her hair back. Five and Vydia made eye contact, "Shit."

"You had one job," Vydia pointed her finger.

Five shot, "Oh, don't start with me now, Vydia. I got us here."

"Well- yeah, I got nothing," she let her finger down.

Five huffed, "Thought so, now follow me," he glanced between his sibling and Vydia. "All of you."

The Hargreeves siblings looked at the old couple muddled by the small argument between their brother and the stranger. Multiple questions circulated in their heads, nevertheless, they followed him and Vydia to the kitchen.

It was a cute little vintage kitchen but what brought Vydia's attention was the small old wooden table. She was sure this kitchen was used for snacks and not actual family dinners, Five talked about having a massive dining table and nothing but silence during any meal so his father could listen to Herr Carlson.

Vanya sat on the left with Allison standing behind her, and Luther sat on the right. Klaus was crisscrossed on the back of the table with Diego. And well, Vydia, she sat on the very edge in front of Vanya, silently watching as Five took out a cut board, knife, and bread. "Want a sandwich, Vee?"

Vydia shook her head, "No, thank you."

"What's the date. The exact date," Five asked his siblings, making himself home by making his favorite treat. After being lost for 58 years, he craved a peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich.

"The 24th," Vanya responded.

"Of what?"

"March."

"Good."

Vydia groaned, "Great." Five's siblings gave her questioning looks. "What?" she said, uncomfortable under their stares. Vydia realized she hadn't introduced herself to the Hargreeves family. "Oh, right. I'm Vydia Bennett. Pleasure to meet you," she waved. The only one who returned the gesture was Klaus.