One.

Jooheon sat on the floor of his parents' master bedroom as the sound of blood curdling screams surrounded their home. He pressed his tear stained face into Hoseok's back, body shivering. Another shriek pierced the night sky. He was so scared. Tears streamed down his face as he continued to tremble. He was happy that his brothers were around, but he was still so afraid.

"Hyunwoo hyung, Mom and Dad are coming back, right?" Changkyun asked, voice wavering.

Jooheon lifted his face up, yearning for a shred of hope. Hyunwoo, their oldest brother, didn't respond to Changkyun's question. He understood the lack of response. There was too much uncertainty surrounding their situation. Things were tense. They hadn't left their home in two weeks. Ever since the arrival of the ruthless extraterrestrials, the news advised them to stay inside.

"I don't know when Mom and Dad will be back, Changkyun," Hyunwoo said.

On his right, Changkyun gasped. Jooheon slipped his trembling fingers into his brother's. Changkyun looked at him, tears running down his cheeks. Three weeks ago, their parents headed out for supplies and never returned. He had been optimistic about the situation up until Hyunwoo's painfully honest answer.

"What are we going to do, hyung?" Kihyun asked, arms wrapped around a trembling Hyungwon. "I know we still have some food, but in another two weeks maybe even less we might -"

"What?" Minhyuk asked, looking around. "What are you implying Ki?"

Kihyun shook his head. No one dared to answer, but he knew what Kihyun wanted to say. They wouldn't last. Four weeks was a long time to not go grocery shopping. There were 7 mouths to feed and barely enough food. Most of the food had spoiled after the power had been cut four weeks ago.

Hyunwoo watched the scenery out the window, running fingers through his hair. "We will figure something out, Ki. We are all going to be okay. I promise."

But Jooheon didn't know how they would figure anything out. Things weren't okay. He pulled his hand from his brother's grip and then wrapped his arm around his shoulders. They were all pressed together in the master suite, because of the unbearable cold. When the power went out, so did all the luxuries they had taken for granted.

A high pitched noise equivalent to the sound of a missile caught their attention. Jooheon glanced at the window, curious. He looked toward Hyunwoo and frowned. His older brother turned his attention to the window, eyes wide. Jooheon was worried. He wanted to ask about what he heard, but Hyunwoo grabbing a blanket from the ground distracted him.

"Get on the floor and cover yourselves with blankets now!" Hyunwoo said, getting to the ground.

Jooheon's heart hammered in his chest as he laid on his stomach a blanket over him and forehead pressed into the ground. A loud bang spread throughout their home, the glass window shattering. On his right, Changkyun screamed. The house shook again, sending tremors throughout his body. From upstairs he heard the dishes breaking and items falling from shelves.

Beneath the thick blanket, he smelled smoke. Hands grabbed for him and he shrieked only to calm down by the sight of Minhyuk's face. He removed the blanket from his body and the pieces of glass sprinkled to the ground.

A low guttural growl filled their home. Jooheon's heart stopped. They were here. The aliens had come for them. They were close. Their older brother turned to them, brows furrowed in thought. After several seconds, his features softened.

Hyunwoo looked at Hoseok, love shining in his eyes. "Hoseok."

"No, Hyunwoo, no," Hoseok said, shaking his head. " You can't do this to me. Let me come with you then. Please, let me come."