Chapter 7

Adriana's POV

Finally it was summer time and trust me Jay always make jokes about it since he calls me Summer. Let me catch up right. So when it was April you know time for Nathan's birthday we took him to Disney. Mostly because Jay said he still considered Nathan as Baby Nath. I always laughed, but his family came too so he had some time to spend with them also. Me and Jay are good. Three months into a relationship I consider is really good. He has been nothing but sweet and caring towards me.

So me, Jay, and Nathan were all in the park. Sometimes I didn't like being with Jay when we were out with Nathan. We were only three in this small group of friends and Nathan never invited his own to tag along. I always felt like he was alone and that's why I tell Jay to let me and Nathan go out together alone and that he should go out alone with Nath sometimes too. It was only fair on him this way.

Nathan's POV

I knew Adriana was happy with Jay. She always looked it and it made me happy to see her happy. I felt this sort of envy towards Jay, but I would always let it go. They tried so hard to not leave me out when we all went out together, but sometimes they would forget. "Nath are you okay?" I smiled at Adri. I didn't want to bother them. "I'm fine. I'm just going to go I need to work so..," She nodded. "Want em and Jay to go with you." I shook me head. "oh no no no, it's fine you two have fun." Okay maybe I did want to the company, but I wasn't going to tell them that.

I started to walk away when I felt my arm being tugged on. I turned and saw Adri. "what's wrong." She asked. I look at her sympathetically. "Son't look at me like that you know I hate it." And I did. Ever since I first met Adri she always hated people who looked at her that way. "Me and Jay both know something it wrong." I sighed. I knew it had to be Jay who brought it up, but I stayed silent as Adri continued talking again. "I thought of it don't think it was Jay he only agreed with me, but I think I can tell when someone is upset." I knew she was telling the truth. All Adriana has known was sadness and it's not fair on her part for me to act this way. I opened my mouth to finally speak when Adri's phone started to ring. She held up her finger and I nodded. I watched her as she listened intently. "Oh My God." She whispers.

Adriana's POV

Nathan looked with concern at me and I wanted to tell him what I was hearing, but I couldn't. "Are they alright?" I waited for them to answer. "They are in critical condition, but they are alive. We need you to come pick up their daughter and sign some things in the case that they don't make it." I sighed. Thanks to the arse-hole for making me feel better. Hint sarcasm.

" Okay I will be there soon." "Thank you Ms. Summers." Then the line went dead. I felt tears start to prick my eyes. "Adri are you alright?" I shook my head. I didn't want to talk about it. I held my arms open so he could hug me. He nodded as I think he understood I didn't want to talk about it and came to hug me. I smiled as he felt perfect. He held me tight and I felt safe. That's when the tears came.

"hey it's going to be alright, okay, love look at me." I looked up. "everything will be okay." I nodded and went back to hugging him. He gently stroked my hair and I smiled. Then realized what I was doing and was glad when I heard Jay's voice, "Did you hurt me girl, Sykes?" I smiled. Jay knew Nathan would never try to hurt me. "Because if you did." "would I be injured?" Nathan asked. He let go of me. I laughed. "Yep , Jay would beat the life out of you." They laughed and I was going to wipe my tears, but didn't. I just let them fall off my face.

"Then why were you crying my beloved Summer?" I thought about it." Shit" I grabbed both their arms and dragged them back to the car. "Adri I really need to head to the studio. I opened the car door and shoved them in. I started to drive when Jay spoke up. "Summer what's--" "Okay I need you both to shut up. Nathan I will take you back to the studio, but my aunt ended up in a car crash and both her and my uncle are in critical condition and they want me over there to take care of Miranda and to sign stupid papers in case they don't make it out alive which they can't die because they are all I have left and and and " I couldn't continue as I burst into tears, but focused on driving.

Jay's POV

I felt stupid in that one moment. I should have just let her continue what she was doing. I knew she rambled a lot. It was like her thing, but this time she did it because she was honestly worried. She could even finish and she bursted out crying. I didn't touch her and neither did Nathan. We know better than that. Summer is the kind of girl who wants to cry with someone first and which she did with Nathan. Be herself the second time, then me and Nathan can hug her as she will want company when the third round comes.

As Summer drives as fast as I have ever seen her drive I look at Nathan. He is on his phone. I don't ask what he's doing as I think he is just calling in to tell them he wouldn't be able to come to the studio today. I knew Nathan went back to work with Scooter and I know what the other boys were up too, but I just wanted to focus on Summer. She is in an awful state and I just didn't know what to do.

Nathan's POV

I texted everyone. Emily and me kept in touch even though she is Adri's best friend they haven't been in much contact lately and it was most likely not her fault. Adri's been working and going out with Jay a lot. Off topic point, I was texting Emily that Adriana's aunt was in a car accident. She texted back saying she was in the states. I sighed as I contacted Jess instead. Adri and Jess became real close during my birthday. I'll be right over. Keep my bestie calm now you hear.x Gotta love Jess.

I put my phone away. I felt stupid just as Jay did. I knew he felt stupid because he is making it quite obvious by slapping himself in the face. I told her I needed to go to work when she needs me to be company for her. I felt dumb. I sighed once more as I checked on her again. She had stopped her outburst, but the tears were still falling. I looked at Jay and he shook his head. Still her second stage of crying. I laid back in my chair and closed my eyes hoping we would get there soon before Adri has a heart attack.