Chapter 1

Nathan's POV

        I was walking to the studio since some people have been saying I'm "out of shape" and I don't know why I took it literally, I just want the record label to have a good image. I got tired really soon so I sat on a bench. I watched as kids played on the equipment in the playground and it looked fun. I missed the days where I could be that free. I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Arr oo Nafan Sfkes?" a little girl asked me. I chuckled a bit because she was just too cute, maybe around three years of age. "Yes, can I help you?" I ask. She shook her head and I heard someone yelling. "Miranda! Where are you!" Miranda!" I saw a girl I think maybe a year or two younger than me. Being 21 I think she is most likely to be 19. The little girl in front of me says, "Bye Nafan." I wave and she skips her way to the girl who was yelling for her name.

        Then I see a boy emerge and the girl picks up the little girl and puts her on her waist. I smile because if they are a family they look like a happy one. I see the boy reaching into the girls purse and the other two telling him something then he's gone. I don't want to seem rude since I think I have been staring for a while so I look down and start to mess with my phone. I feel the bench bend a little so I looked up to see both the girls sitting beside me. "You have a lovely family." I tell her. She laughs and I look at her confused. "Do I really look that old? No you see this is my little cousin and that guy that I'm guessing you thought was my boyfriend is my older brother. Names Adriana Sapphire Summers, some people call me ana, others by my middle name or summer instead of summers." I nod. This girl is very outgoing I thought.

        "Wri that old singer oo lowed." Adriana starts to laugh. "What don't believe her Summers." I tell her. She looks at me weird then shakes her head. "No ones called me by my last name before but I like how you say it, and no I don't believe her. Unless you pull down you hoodie and reveal that you are some guy from TW I don't think so." I laugh silently and pull my hoodie down to see her in shock then I pull it back up so no one will recognize me. "You know kids don't lie. They try, but they don't." I tell her. Adriana opens her mouth like to say something but her brother comes and interrupts. "Okay ready to go." He says. I get confused because he sounds from around here while Adriana and Miranda sound American.

        "I guess I should be going." She says. I nod but then she pulls a pen out of her pocket. "Can I write on your hand or no?" She asks. "Yea go for it." Adri laughs then writes a number on my hand. "Ugh Adriana Sapphire Summers what have I told you about giving you number to random people." Her brother complains. "Loosen up Archie a girls got to try doesn't she. Plus you're not dad to tell me what to do." I see them then having a stare off. "Well we should head home. Bye Nathan." I nod and both of them leave with Miranda on toe.

        I got up and started heading toward the studio again, it's a pretty long walk, but it would help. I kept walking until I finally reach the studio. I go into mine and sit in a chair then get up and move to the piano. I put my fingers on it and just play songs that come to my head. I love this piano since the label had bought me a new one, I actually got to choose it this time. So I got the same one that I have back at home in Gloucester.

        I didn't want to record today I just wanted to write so I hope today is a writing day. I wait until finally a lad walks in with a clipboard. "Mr. Sykes." I hear. "Yes, that's me." I reply. He smiles looks down at his clipboard. "Today they have decided to let you write and for the rest of the week also as they expect a song next Wednesday." I nodded and then he left the room. I just sat there for a while then thought back to Adriana, even if she wasn't the mother she did have a beautiful family. I will write a song about family, this one for my mum and Jess. I do miss them quite a lot and I do love them loads, but I just never have time to head back home.

        I thought about Adriana, maybe she didn't have family just her brother. That would be sad I don't know what I would do without my mum and honestly I don't even want to think about it. Her brother seemed very like the lad that controls everything. I started to get curious then I remembered that she had given me her number. I think it's a little to soon to already call her, but well I couldn't think of lyrics at the moment so I think I will just risk it.

        "Hello who is this....."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First chapter yay! I am trying to get better at my writing so please comment, rate, tell me what you think I should change. Let's see how Adriana replys to Nathan. :) Thanks for reading so far

-Kayla :)