Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

We had to stop touching and kissing as much since the pull was becoming unbearable, my wolf would growl at me every time I pulled away, but I wanted to be confident that a rejection wouldn't happen again.

It was fear that was holding me back, but as the day's continued to pass by, I knew soon, I would allow him to claim me as his, as I would claim him as mine.

~*~

"You ready to go?" Gabriel asked as he entered the bedroom, dressed in black jeans and a fitted black t-shirt which clung to his chest and arm muscles.

"Yeah, I just need to put my shoes on." I replied, reaching down to grab my shoes as I sat down on the bed, tying my shoelaces.

"I got Eli to drop Kennedy off at my parent's house, they asked if she could stay the night at theirs, I said I would double check with you?"

I looked up at Gabriel and nodded. Kennedy loved staying with Lilly and Aiden, she had stayed at theirs last week too. They had been making a lot of effort, wanting to get to know their granddaughter.

Kennedy had also been spending a lot of time with Dan and Charlie along with their daughter Tilly. Dan had been taking a break from his Beta duties while Eli took over a few of his in the meantime.

I had spoken to Taylor the other day and she seems happy; she had officially moved all her belongings into Eli's home. Eli's house was only half a mile from Dan's property.

Gabriel and I drove past their properties on the way to the restaurant downtown, it took around twenty minutes to get there. It was owed by one of Gabriel's close friends and he hired the restaurant out for the night, only the two of us occupying the venue.

The restaurant was cute and niche, candles and fairy lights hanging loosely from the ceiling.

Dinner had been perfect; Gabriel and I couldn't stop laughing and we never run out of conversation. He spoke a lot of his teenage years with Dan and Eli.

It was intriguing to hear especially when he mentioned that he had completed his Alpha training with another pack, since his father had been dealing with the death of his father when Gabriel came of shifting age.

I spoke about my time in Texas, about my teenage years with Grace, Julian, and Dylan. Gabriel already knew the situation with my parents and how it came about that I lived with a Beta's family.

After I mentioned about my title of a pack warrior, he suggested with go on a run.

We hadn't been on a run together for a few days, and Gabriel said he had the perfect place to take me.

Once dinner was over, he led me towards the forest, and I ran behind a tree to remove my dress, shifting into my wolf but not without clutching my dress between my teeth.

I walked out to find Gabriel in his wolf form, he was waiting for me as I rushed towards him, my wolf brushing herself against him. His eyes catching mine, and I could tell he was smirking as he bumped me lightly before racing off.

I immediately chased after him, unwilling to allow him to run ahead of me, I kept his pace which slowed down considerably once we got to clearing, it was surrounded with flowers and trees that swayed in the wind, the stars in the sky shining brightly above them.

He directed us towards a large white house, it was enormous with large pillars at the front of the house, along with a huge driveway and foundation which was situated at the front of the property.

Gabriel nudged the side of me, pointing his snout in the direction of some trees, he wanted me to shift and I followed his order. Once I had pulled my dress over my body, I walked towards Gabriel who was waiting on the outside porch.