"But Im not going to be Sam..." his eyes wonder away from me again. He was holding back, Sam's death broke him. I grip his hand tightly to assure him that I was here if he wanted to talk about his brother.

"Do you ever miss him?" That was a stupid question, of course he does.

"All the time."

"What do you most miss about him?" He shakes his head and looks at me, the wall around his eyes slowly breaking and revealing the broken Prince he tried so hard to hide.

"I don't want to talk about it, Im sorry Hales," I understood, no one liked talking about the bad things, all it bought back was buried memories we only longed to have again but couldn't.  I look down at my blanketed legs and realize I hadn't asked who had changed me from my sweaty dress.

"Um... did... did you... um," I tuck away a piece of my hair feeling shy to ask the question.

"Did I?" I look at his smiling eyes, he knew exactly what I wanted to ask but found pleasure in tormenting poor little Hales.

"Who changed me?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

"The maid don't worry I have morals Hales duh, what do you think of me," I jokingly gasp in feigned shock at the morals part.

"You didn't peek did you!?" He chuckles and pinches his fingers together.

"Not even a little," I  throw the lamest attempt of a punch at his chest. I needed reassurance he had not peeked.

"I closed my eyes Hales and moved to a whole different room," I look away from him and purposely flip my hair on his face.

"I swear!"

"I hope not because that would make you a stupid gummy bear!" I abruptly stand up wanting to make a dramatic exit but what a major fail. My legs somehow get tangled into the big blanket and instead of taking a step forward I found myself falling back down to the floor. I shut my eyes waiting for the painful impact of the floor but only to feel strong arms circle themselves around my stomach.

How cliche! I thought this only happens in movies.

"Careful there gummy bear," I slowly open my eyes  which are met with his gorgeous ones. I could swear he never looked as handsome as he did at that moment, his furrowed eyebrows, the slight glint of the candle light flickering in his eyes, his dark features, his pink lips, the hair that was falling down his face as he looked down at me. All of that just left me weak under his incredibly warm touch and I found myself unconsciously trailing my thumb over his furrowed eyebrows, trying to smoothen out the lines that crinkled between his eyebrows. He breaths in and closes his eyes and I watched with concentration as the lines finally smoothened.

"I want to take you somewhere tomorrow Hales," I use this as an opportunity to sit back up without making things any more awkward.

That was so cliche Im internally cringing!

"Where?" He moves closer to me his nose barely centimeters away from mine, my breathing was probably slapping his face.

"Somewhere nice and you look incredibly beautiful right now, well all the time really," my cheeks flush and my face heats up. That was very unexpected but Max was blatant.

"Why are their so many candles? Is there no electricity in this house?" I divert the topic because as fluttering as it was, I was a failure at taking compliments.