Chapter 8

Version:1.0StartHTML:0000000168EndHTML:0000017614StartFragment:0000000438EndFragment:0000017597

Glenda was waiting outside herhome for Eliza as she made a late showing. She did not know she wasso tired until she woke up to find it was bright outside. She quicklygrabbed the book and slipped out of the tree to find all the fairiesstanding around the trees watching her. When she approached Glenda,she saw the worry on her face. Eliza slipped the book in the pouch onher horse and bowed down to Glenda.

"I am very sorry yourmajesty. I was so sleepy, I made you late."

Glenda chuckled and pattedEliza's back. "I very well understand child. I am to see you off,but first, I have some gifts for you to take and someone to meet. Foryour courage, I am sending you a basket of food. Never a good journeyto travel without food."

Eliza took the basket andthanked her. Glenda nodded and walked towards a girl around Eliza'sage who was very beautiful and was covered in purple. She had apurple tattoo on her left cheek of her purple rose on purple vines.She was dressed like she was royalty and was just as beautiful asGlenda.

"Eliza, this is my daughterShakira. She knows the forest well and the way to the kingdom. Shehas an eye for adventure and will be very helpful to you. You willslowly lead an army to the queen and more allies will come."

Eliza bowed to Shakira andsmiled. "Your majesty."

Shakira smiled and took Eliza'shand in hers. "Nice to finally meet you. I know we are going tohave a long and trying journey, but with my help, we will getfurther."

Eliza smiled grateful for thathelp. She turned to Glenda and nodded. "Thank you so much for yourhelp your majesty. I will do the best I can to save us all."

"I know you will child and Ihave faith in you no matter where we are or end up."

Shakira mounted a pure whitehorse and waited for Eliza. Eliza mounted her horse which was whitewith brown spots and turned to Glenda. She waved goodbye one lasttime and road off with Shakira in the lead. The fairies all gatheredoutside and waved goodbye as the passed. Eliza wished she could staylonger, but she knew she would have to leave eventually. If she gotthe chance to write Agnes, she was going to tell her everything thatshe had learned and send her information on the colors of theirmedallions. Maybe she didn't know about every color and only hers.Agnes would love to hear from her.

Shakira was quiet as she ledthe way. She would look up at the sky every once in awhile and smilelike the sky impressed her. From what Eliza knew about fairies, theynever really traveled much in fear that they would be harmed. If shecould see through Shakira's eyes, she would be seeing the blue skyfor the first time and would be so impressed that she wouldn't knowwhat to say.

Eliza looked up at the sky andreally looked at it. She was used to seeing the sky so she did notunderstand how Shakira felt, but she loved to talk with the birds andwatch them fly overhead. The birds sometimes traveled with Eliza whenshe took talk walks and she was thankful to see them. Then a birdflew down to her and landed on her horses mane.

"Quickly. The soldiers arevery close and they have a new knight who is more stronger andsmarter than the others. You must run. They are coming for youEliza." The bird warned.

Eliza looked at Shakira andthen behind them. "It says the soldiers are close. They are comingfor me."

Shakira looked around andlifted her head up straighter as if she heard a noise. Eliza followedher gaze. She did not see anything, but she it was dead silent andthat made you fear.

"They are too close. We willhave to hide. They will outrun us." Shakira said. Eliza nodded andtook off after Shakira who forced her horse into a run. Their horsesran as fast as they could go until they reached the other side of theforest and hid behind some trees. Eliza heard hoofs hitting theground quickly and the sound of shouting men. She closed her eyes andthought of the earth rising and knocking them off their horses andblinding them. She could see the dirt rise making the trail ahead ofthem disappear and men falling from their horses in a heap on theground. The men would be blinded for what felt like hours to them andShakira and Eliza would escape them.