My New Friend Flying Kicks a Pervert Within the First Hour of Knowing Me

*Hazel's pov*

I sipped my strawberry milkshake in the booth as Prom Queen by Beach Bunny played in the diner.

I sat alone in the same booth from yesterday at Sunset Sally's Diner. I'd been coming everyday since then later at night to spy on my dad. He sure did have a lot of grocery shopping to do. But we didn't need that much milk... On the days Asher had shifts, he'd stay extra late to help me out. I told him he didn't have to, but he insisted.

Peeking over the top of the seat, I spied the cashier, Claire. She was talking to one of the waitresses. She went to Glenwood High, I knew I had her in art class. I strained a bit to hear their conversation.

"Isn't he...taken, though?" The waitress asked with a raised eyebrow.

Claire just rolled her eyes. "They got divorced like three years ago. Sure they're "dating" now, but if he isn't married, then he's not really tied down. Ya know?"

The waitress scratched her arm and laughed uncomfortably. "Yeah, yeah. But isn't that kinda messed up?"

Claire gave her a glare. "Girlie, you're still in high school. What do you know? You'll understand when you get older."

"Oh, I understand more than you think." The waitress mumbled when the bell on the door suddenly chimed and in walked my dad.

In routine, he walked up to the cashier and I saw Claire quickly push the waitress into the kitchen.

"Hey, Clary." My dad flirted just as he had been for the past few days. I literally gagged as their conversation went on.

~~~~~~~

I was in the middle of sipping my milkshake and listening to Claire and my dad talk about each other's...anatomy, when someone came up to the table.

I looked up to find the waitress that was talking to Claire smiling down at me. She wore the usual waitress uniform, very similar to the waiter uniform. It included a white button down shirt tucked into a black skirt with suspenders, and black lace up dress shoes. She had her curly hair in pigtails.

I looked at her name tag and saw that her name was Athena Bisset.

"Is there anything else I can get for you?" Athena asked, referring to my milkshake.

I smiled. "Oh, no. Thank you. I'm fine." My stomach disagreed. It made that apparent when it decided to make whale noises. "... Actually, can I get some mozarella sticks please?"

She giggled before bringing out a little notepad and pen, and started scribbling. "Of course, I'll be right back with your order." She walked off into the back kitchen. My eyes followed after her but stopped on the disgusting lovebirds as she passed by them.

They were making out. Claire was leaning against the counter and he held her waist, pulling their hips together. I cringed as I watched what they were doing. I just wanted to scream,"PDA should be prohibited in such a place! People are trying to eat you twerps!!" But I didn't, just to keep my cover.

I kept my eyes on them as Athena came out with my mozarella sticks. She followed my gaze as she arrived at my table and sighed.

"Kinda sad, huh? You know, for the family." She frowned as she set down my food.

"You wanna know something?" I said, and she turned her gaze towards me. "That's my dad." I didn't know why I told her, but I just needed to tell someone. It was so hard to keep it from my family. I mean, I was planning on telling them, but I wanted to investigate more.

I expected her eyes to widen and for her to say 'sorry' for my situation. Instead, she sighed and sat down across from me. She lowered her eyes to her fidgeting hands. "It sucks, doesn't it?"