An Apprentace and a Big Reveal (Pt. 3)

Start from the beginning

"Then, how can it be that i find her so utterly adorable?" Tamaki asks. We're all shocked. Is he finally realizing his emotions?

As Tamaki continues to fall apart and questions his relationship with Haruhi, I go stiff as I feel Kyoya gently slides his hand up my back.

What is he doing?

I try my best to keep still and not shutter at the  sensation of his hand rubbing my back.

Isn't he supposed to be mad at me? What is he doing? What is he thinking? What is going on? Is this pity?

"Acturally he's got a point. I mean you're delusional, yes. Any half-wit could see that but who knew that you were so..." Kyoya's words interrupt my thoughts.

"...stupid." I finish his sentence. He draws himself closer to me. His waist against mine and his arm is now around my abdomen. What is he doing????

"Did you hear that? Apparently in some ways, i am like Haruhi's father!" Tamaki's burst of false realization pulls me back to the present and I detach myself from Kyoya. The lack of comments to his actions makes me aware no one noticed.

"Well, to be more precise, i think what she's saying is that you and her father share some personality traits, in actuality..."

"I've got it! I've got it now! I am like a father to her!" Tamaki interrupts Kyoya. We have an idiot for a king.

"And we've lost him again." Kyoya he sighs. I further my distance from him by making my way to the twins. That doesn't work. They all pull way giving Kasanoda the after Haruhi rejects him. Haruhi unknowingly knows how to reject a person.

I'm just about to join the commotion when Kyoya pulls me aside to another room.

"What are you doing?" He ask me. Hell no.

"What am I doing? The real question is what are you doing?" I point out, pulling away from but he only corners me against the wall.

"I'm doing whatever I feel is right." He answers me a bit amused.

"What's going on? You're supposed to be mad at me. Are you toying with me?" I can't help but sound flustered. This has really thrown me off my rhythm.

"Before I answer your questions, answer me this: what happened when you fell down the stairs?" Is he serious?!

"Why do you care about the staircase incident so much?" I exhale.

"Because you're not telling me the whole truth. You're blind, yes, but that can't be your excuse since you do a remarkable job navigating yourself through anywhere. The only conclusion left is that you were pushed. I just need you tell me who did it and I will personally take care of it." He explains. I couldn't help but scoff.

"See that's where you're wrong, Kyoya." I play with his tie, distracting myself." No one pushed me down the stairs... I let myself fall."

"You... you what?" He asks in disbelief. I let go of his tie only to be in his grip.

"Call it what you will: stupid. A momentary lapse of judgement... it was refreshing" I mumble.

"Refreshing?!" His grip tightens," You let yourself fall down the stairs and come to school the next day saying it's your costume? What were you thinking?"

He's mad. That's oddly comforting.

"I wasn't. That's the thing. I didn't want to think for a moment. I didn't have to rely on my senses like I do every minute of every day. That's all I do!" I'm starting to raise my voice,"So yes, Kyoya, I wasn't thinking because you can't possibly understand what it's like to rely on absolutely everything but your eyes!" I inhale deeply fighting the tears threatening to fall down my cheeks. He steps closer, hands now holding my face, his forehead pressed against mine.

"Then... how about you let me be your eyes?" He whispers.

"What?" I try to pull away but I'm still against the wall.

"I can be your eyes... or Mori sempai or anyone in the host club now that we all know." He says.

"You're... you're serious." I gasp a bit. I couldn't help feel a bit of anger," I... I don't need your help. I don't want your pity. I can do things on my own-"

"This isn't pity. I know you can do things on your own. God knows you've been doing that your whole life. I'm saying that..." he pauses drawing closer to me, if that was even possible," you don't have to anymore."

I crack, gasping in air before tears heavily flow down my face. Kyoya closes the gap between us with his lips. Soft.

I'm not alone. I pull away a bit shaken.

"I still don't understand." I inhale." I expected you to be mad at me."

"Yes, well, after a moment of internal debate, my love for you overwhelmed my anger." He admits.

"You... love me?" I ask very innocently touched. He takes a deep breath.

"I do." He pauses," and now that your secret is out, I believe we should give it another go into our relationship."

I should say no. I need to say no. This will make it harder in the future.

"I agree."

--------------

It's a great day.
We're outside playing kick the can with several other people, for some Tamaki related reason.

With Kasanoda counting, everyone in the host club hides in the maze. I pull away from Kyoya's hand and follow Mori and Honey.

"Kaine?" He wonders what I'm doing.

"I'm going with Mori and Honey. I'll be fine." I tell him, hearing a small laugh from him. He sounds happy.

"So, Hika-chan may seem oblivious, but deep down he's beginning to understand his feelings? And even though it's clear for the rest of us how Tama-chan feels, he's still completely in the dark himself?" Honey inquires as he holds my hand to make sure I don't fall.

"Yeah" Mori agrees.

"Then what about Kao-chan?" Honey asks.

"If I weren't in the mix, I'm pretty sure Kyoya, himself, would be even more oblivious than Tamaki." I chuckle.

" Considering that, I wonder if something really big is gonna happen before we graduate." Honey hums. My smile falters a bit.

"You never know" Mori answers fully knowing my intentions.

Oh Honey, something big is going to happen and there's nothing anyone can do about it.